If It Wasn't for You...

(Dave's Pov)

  Hit Girl and Devil Chick got me out from the chair. We were now driving in Red Mist's car. Devil Chick was driving and Hit Girl sat in the back. I was in the passenger seat.

  I took my mask off, since my face still hurt. Devil Chick and Hit Girl didn't say anything. I didn't either. But, I really wanted to break the ice between them, since they just lost their dad.

  I look at Devil Chick to see she had her eye on the road. I glanced back at Hit Girl. 

  "What's your guys name?" I asked out loud. The two girls didn't answer right away. "I mean your real names." I explained early.

  "A superhero never reveals his true identity." Hit Girl said. Wait, how are they still keeping this up. "What? Look you can't go on..." I looked back at her then at Devil Chick, who said nothing.

  "However you guys lived before.." I said, I lastly looked at Devil Chick before, looking out the window. "it's over." I said last. It really was.

  (Third's pov)

  Devil Chick looked out at the road. "Is there anybody else, for you two. Your family or.." "Look, we can take care of ourselves. I'm the only one that's left, for us." Devil Chick said, cutting Dave off.

  Hit Girl leaned forward between the seat. "We saved you sorry ass." she said looking at Dave.

  Dave was still concerning for them. "What about money, huh? All right, 'cause you got to think long term." Dave said looking at them. Devil Chick looked at him. "We've got $3 million in a suitcase. That "long term" enough for you? Because that's enough for me to take care of us." she said before looking out at road and pressing hard on the pedal, driving faster.

  "My sister and I will be just fine. We don't need anybody else sympathy. Not even for you. So don't think giving us your money, is gonna change anything."

  Dave looked down. "It's not all about the money." he said to Devil Chick. He glanced at the two. "I owe you two." He then looked back at the road. "If it wasn't for you guys, I'd be dead."Dave looked at them.

  Devil Chick still looked out. "And if it wasn't for you,.." She then looked at Dave. "our dad wouldn't be." she said last before looking out at the road, shaking her head.

  Dave looked at her and then looked out at the window. He knew that this was all his fault. The death of Big Daddy was all his fault because he actually trusted Red Mist.

  The car drove off further. 

  --Timeskip Damon's apartment.--

  (Third's Pov)

  The three, now cold, hot chocolate was still left on Damon's desk.

  Devil Chick and Hit Girl came in first, with Dave following, closing the door.

  The two girls saw them and Hit Girl put her hands on the edge of the table, looking at them. Devil Chick put her arm around Hit Girl's shoulders, looking at them, as well.

  "Look.." Dave slowly walked up. "pack up whatever you need and we'll go back to my place." Dave said in the background as the two girls was still hurt over the death of their father.

  Dave gestured to his face. "I just need to clean my.." He looked at them, as if asking to use their bathroom. Devil Chick glanced at him before pointing to the bathroom and looking back down at the hot chocolates.

  "Just go." she said quickly

  Dave walked over and went into the bathroom. He walked up to the sink and pulled the switch. Once the light was on, Dave was surprised at how much damage he took.