At first she looked surprised, then her expression softened to a smile, but it was almost immediately replaced by a frown and her eyes began to tear up.

I sadly frowned seeing how my surprise wasn't being well received

I sadly frowned seeing how my surprise wasn't being well received. I moved to put her down on the bed. I very carefully and painstakingly slow placed her on the bed. I pulled the covers over her and sat next to her.

She instantly turned her head so she was looking away from me.

She was trying to shut me out of her life. Everyone of her rejections, everyone of her her tears, each time she flinched when I got near, everyone of her unspoken words tore my heart apart. I felt beyond guilty and knew I was responsible for this. I did this to myself.

But no matter how much I regret my actions, no matter how much I want her to stop being so indifferent to me, no matter how much I wish for the caring and loving Ji Su I missed to return, all I could do is wait and try to prove myself to her.

No matter how long it takes. . . . .

I moved my hand to stroke her hair. I wanted my touch to reassure her I didn't want to hurt her. All I wanted was to comfort her.

To my surprise she didn't push my hand away or shy away from my touch. She let me stroke her hair to my hearts content. However, this just made me feel worst. She didn't even care if touched her now, was she that indifferent to me now? Was she numb to my touch?

I kissed her forehead and got up to leave. As I closed the door, I could hear her quietly sobbing. I wanted to go back to her and console her. I wanted to hold her close to me and shower her in kisses. However, I knew that if I did that she would just feel worst. My presence would just make things worse, so I decided to just give her space.

Mr. Kim told me that Ji Su should stay off of her feet for at least another week. I would take advantage of this week to get closer to her. She had to rely on me, and I would make sure that I took the best care of her.

--- Third Person Point of View ---

The week quickly flew by. Jin's persistence and caring nature seemed never ending. He was extremely patient and put forth his best effort to show Ji Su how sorry he was. He tried to start a conversation with her a number of times but he just ended up talking to himself. Ji Su was unresponsive. She would just stay in her same position on the bed and seem unphased by his words.

She was tired of hearing Jin say the same thing over and over again. He would say he was sorry and that he loved both. Ji Su could feel that Jin was being sincere when he said he was sorry, but he had also sounded sincere when he had asked for forgiveness when he found her and Yoongi in her office. She knew that although Jin wanted to change, it was not an easy task.

Ji Su just wanted to be left alone. She was beyond happy to be still caring her little angel. The baby gave her a reason to live, it was her strength. However, Jin was also a source of her strength too. Although she hated it, she loved and appreciated all the attention Jin was giving her. Jin still made her heart race and was the reason behind her burning cheeks.