you're gone and i gotta stay high | markson

part 2

mark lays back on the bed that he once shared with jackson and stares blankly at the ceiling.

"why?" mark asks nothing in particular.

'why' is a question we would all like to know the answer to, but do we get it? never.

mark just thinks to himself, he needs to get jackson to understand, he has to get him to understand.

he gets up to find his cell phone then he sets back on the bed, preparing for the worst.

before he knows it he is calling jackson, his heart, well what's left of it, is thumping in his chest.

"please answer..." he begs.

the voicemail message starts and mark presses the 'end' button.

he didn't answer, figures.

he doesn't think he can last much longer than this, he can't live without jackson.

"please answer me." mark begs as he tries calling jackson again.

- three days later -

it's been like this for days, mark trying to call jackson but he never answers.

mark can feel the end of his lifeline, it's almost like he can reach out and touch the end and the only person that can extend this lifeline is jackson.

the love of his life.

"please help me." mark says as he calls jackson one more time.

he looks at the bottle of sleeping pills on the bedside table, it's the moment of truth if jackson answers then the lifeline is longer, if he doesn't answer it's gone, he's gone.

---

jackson watches his phone as it rings, mark's name lighting up on the screen.

mark hasn't stopped calling, he wills himself not to answer. he won't answer, if mark had something really important to say he would have left a voicemail.

he lays back on the bed, ignoring his phone.

soon enough he can't ignore it anymore, he picks up his phone and sees that he now has a voicemail.

jackson's mind is spinning, this is serious now.

what if mark is in trouble or what if he is hurt?

jackson knows he shouldn't care but deep down he knows he still loves mark with all of his heart, he also thinks that he overreacted about the whole bar scene.

he taps mindlessly at the touch screen until mark's voice is flowing out of the phones speakers.

"hey jackson, i- uh... just- i can't do this..." mark's voice is shaky and he mumbles 'i can't do this' to himself.

"i just want you to know that, i- i love you with all of my heart..." jackson can hear him crying slightly before he says his last word, "goodbye." then the message clicks off.

jackson stares at his phone not knowing what else to do, that was a weird call and jackson has that feeling like something is wrong.

suddenly his phone dings, signaling that he has a message. jackson sees that the sender is mark and he opens it immediately.

as jackson reads the message his eyes tear up and his phone falls from his now shaking hand.

'i can't live without you jackson, i'm killing myself, i love you. goodbye.'

jackson immediately grabs his car keys and runs out the front door. he frantically calls mark, "please answer..." jackson says shakily.

no answer.

"dammit!" jackson calls him again as he speeds down the road, heading to what once was his and mark's shared house.

---

mark looks at his phone that is currently ringing, jackson is calling him.

he can't answer though, it's too late anyway...

---

jackson angrily ends the unanswered call again only to call mark once more, this time though, surprisingly enough he answers.

"jackson?" mark asks shakily.

"hey mark, are you okay love?" jackson asks, not knowing what to say. he knows that if he freaks out it will make mark even worse.

"no, w-why are you calling me?"

"i'm checking on you baby, and i want to tell you i'm sorry and the thing at the bar wasn't your fault."

"oh... i-it's too late jackson..." mark says shakily, he sounds tired.

"what do you mean, lovey?"

"it's too late."

"i'm coming over mark." jackson tells him.

"what! no!" mark exclaims as jackson drives closer and closer to mark.

—; 🍓

i am literally screaming right now. dis gif is so funny. i'm- 😂😂😂

 i'm- 😂😂😂