Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

"I think we should move into the pack house." Those were the first words I heard in the morning. Jaiden didn't even give me a proper greeting, he just jumped straight into business.

"It's whatever you think is safest," I mumble and make my way to the coffee pot. I would argue more for staying in his house, but I am honestly too tired right now to care.

"No argument?" He questions, giving me a disbelieving look.

"Too tired." I make my way to the chair beside him. As soon as I sit down, I lean my head against his shoulder. He presses a kiss to the top of my head, making me smile softly. We sit there in silence for a while, both lost in our own thoughts.

"There are some things you should know before we go to the pack house," Jaiden tenses and I reassuringly grab his hand. "I am the alpha of the pack, which basically means that I am the leader. Also, we will not be the only ones staying in the pack house. The pack house is filled with many of the higher officials, and some of the people that are mateless." He's avoiding eye contact with me, but I don't understand why. So what if he is the leader? I'm just curious on how he is managing that and his job at the FBI. With that thought I narrow my eyes at him suspiciously.

"You don't work for the FBI, do you?" I accuse, letting go of his hand as a blush rises to his cheeks.

"No, and neither does Daemon, but the people that we were with do work for the FBI. I didn't lie about that part, and Greg really was a target of theirs for a while."

"You little jerk! Is David even really coming after me!" I slap away his hand when he reaches for me. I jump out of my seat and back away from him.

"Unfortunately he is, but the FBI weren't going to offer you any protection. They didn't see him as a threat, and his letter didn't tell them very much on if he was volatile or not. Daemon and I just took things into out own hands." He has lost the sheepish look and is now looking at me confidently. He knows very well that I can not object to anything he says, because he really is protecting me.

Out of anger, I grab the closet thing to me and throw it at him, which just happens to be a plate. When he dodges it, I grab a second plate and then a third. I'm throwing things at him, screaming bloody murder, and by the time he finally restrains me, all of his plates and some glasses are broken.

"What was I supposed to do." He demanded, forcing me to look at his eyes.

"Well you could have started with the truth, you jerk!" I yell, and reach forward, trying to slap him. He quickly pins me against the counter and forces my arms up against the cabinet.

"You would not have believed a word I said," He whispered and that's when I notice how close we are. His nose is brushing against mine and his body is pressed up against me.

"Don't you dare try to seduce me in order to make me forget my anger." I am seething, and he can very well see that.

"Please stop. I regret not telling you, but there is nothing I can do about it." Looking into his eyes, I know that I can't honestly be mad at him. Yeah it sucks that he lied to me about being FBI, but in a way I am kind of glad. I didn't know how our relationship was going to work after David was caught, but now I didn't have to worry about that.

"Fine, I can understand that your hands were tied, but let's agree to never lie about something that big again." He sighs in relief and presses his face into my shoulder and releases my arms. I wrap my arms around him, letting out a sigh. "I need to go pack for the pack house." With a groan he lets go of me and we both make our way upstairs.

When he walks into my room with me, I eye him suspiciously. "What are you doing in here?"

"What do you mean? I'm helping you pack. This is just my place that I go to, to get away. So I already have all of my stuff back at the pack house." He explains and walks towards my closet. When his back is turned to me, I eye my bed. If he is going to pack for me, then I can't be of much help, can I? I quickly bury myself under my covers and close my eyes. I fall asleep to Jaiden's loud laugh filling the room and a smile on my face.