Nao

When I opened my eyes I was greeted with the same dreary room like I was every time I woke up. I've been apart of the hidden Leaf village for three weeks, or at least they think I'm part of their village. As soon as I'm healed I'm ditching this place and finding the Akatsuki. Sasori can't be dead, there's no way he is!

I honestly don't know what to think about Sasori. How could all of that be a dream? A dream!? You don't have dreams like that! Just thinking about what's happened gives me a headache. I miss the Akatsuki. They were like family to me. . .in a way.

The door opened to reveal the pinkette I hated more than anything — Haruno Sakura. She was one of the top healers of the village. She was a nice person. . .but I hated her because she helped kill Sasori. How could I not hate her? She didn't apologize — not that I was expecting her to — she just brought me food and tried to talk to me. Usually I ignore her but today I have a few questions.

"Hello," She greeted. She smiled a bit and placed a tray of food on the table beside me "If there anything I can get you? How are you feeling? I can answer any of your questions!"

"Sakura, how many Akatsuki members are alive?" I asked bluntly. She looked shocked at me words but she quickly recovered.

"I, uh, don't really know how to answer that, Ms. . ." She said. I had gotten her off guard "That information is actually classified and since your an ex member of the Akatsuki I think it's best that I don't tell you that, even if I did know." I scowled at her and sighed.

"I guess. . .if that's how things are gonna be. . ." But before I could finished what I was saying anloud explosion could be heard. Sakura jumped up and rushed to the window. Her jaw dropped as she took in whatever happened. She turned to me opened her mouth and closed it again. She took off running "And this is how you escape."

The door was slammed shut by a passing nurse and I grinned. The less people see me the better. I ripped the tubes attached to my arms out and scurried don't of bed. I shook the dizziness away and rushed to the closet. It had my clothes in it, beside the Akatsuki cloak. I quickly changed and went to the window. I pulled the blinds up and my jaw dropped. That was a long way down. I pushed the window open.

Many pedestrians ran around screaming. I saw a figure wearing an Akatsuki cloak just as he jumped over into the next street. The Akatsuki was here? Woah. I began to slowly climb down the wall. My foot slipped and I sucked in some air sharply. I was not going to die this way.

Don't look down. Don't look down. Don't look down.

I screamed as my hand slipped. I wasn't falling but I was holding on with one hand. I started hyperventilating as I looked down. I guess today is the day I learn that I don't appreciate heights too too much. I struggled to pull my hand back up and grasp the ledge. It was then that I realized I had chakra — very little chakra. I planted my feet on the wall and willed my Chakra into my feet. I slowly began walking down the wall. Once at the bottom I dropped like a brick and kissed the ground.

"I have never been so happy in my entire life... wait, that's a lie. I was happiest when I was with Sasori during our bonding trip." I was now just talking to myself, but that's okay, right?

I stood up and brushed off my clothes. I needed to find that carrot top. I started running in his direction. It felt awkward to run again. I guess it's different to run in your dreams then it is to run in real life. Y'know the whole dream thingy actually explains a lot. Since I was dreaming it makes sense to why the genjutsu's me and Sasuke were casting at each other weren't working properly.

Since I was dreaming all this up, does that mean my father, Mystique, and the creepy stalker women is still alive? This also means that Mystique's hideout is still intact... or maybe I'm just over thinking all of this. I dismissed all these thoughts and concentrated on my new mission.

The village wasn't looking too good. Many people were on the ground, their clothes tattered and dirty. A few people were crying over what I can only assume as lost loved ones. Some buildings had been destroyed. I've seen destruction before, but it's never been like this.

I spotted... Pain? He was up in the air, too far for me to see what he was doing but his chakra was very familiar. I stopped and squinted my eyes as I studied him. I was then violently pushed downwards. I screamed as buildings were pushed away and broken, I screamed as people were pushed down like me and killed. I felt something hard hit my left kneecap and the following crunch as my kneecap shattered. I was already screaming so... yeah. Everything stopped abruptly. I was panting heavily. A large wooden pole was dangling above me, held up by two wires that looked like they would snap any second now. If the pole fell I would die.

"H-help m-m-me... please." Whispered a very child-like voice. I forced my head to turn to the right. A small boy was trapped underneath a building. It was amazing that he was alive right now.

"Sorry, Kid... I'm a little trapped, too." I panted out.

"I'm s-so scared! I j-j-just want m-my f-family!" He wailed. I flinched at the loudness of his voice. He wasn't very far away from me. He had messy blonde hair and dull green eyes, he was very, very pale. I also noticed that he was covered in blood.

"Just calm down," I coughed "I'm sure we'll be saved soon enough." The boy went silent but I could still hear a sniffle every now and then. I sighed and stretched my arm out to him. My everything hurt but a kid this young shouldn't have to suffer in silence, besides, I think he had it worse then me.

He glanced down at my outstretched hand before reaching his hand towards mine... or should I say wrist? It looks like he lost his hand at some point during his life because there was just a smooth round surface where his hand should be. I smiled and took it. It doesn't matter. He smiled at me, blood trickled out of his mouth.

"What's your name?" I asked him. He needed to be distracted.

"Nao." He replied. It seemed like a very feminine name but I suited him.

"My names... Lilith. It's nice to formally meet you." I said. Trying to get him to laugh or something.

"N-nice to meet y-you, too." He stuttered. His eyes seemed to be getting duller by the second. Just by looking at him I could tell that he had lost too much blood. He needed help. The grip he had on my hand had loosened a fair bit in the past five minutes.

I pushed my self up a bit with my left hand. He watched me with curiosity. I tried not to move my left leg but I did because I'm an idiot. I gasped with pain and froze. It hurt so damn much but I have to ignore it and keep going. I dragged myself over a bit. Pain. I dragged myself over to Nao. Pain. I dragged myself past Nao. Pain. I let go of his hand. Pain. This was taking its toll on my body. Nao was watching me hope in his eyes as I got a firm grip on the building. I summoned my chakra to my arms and all my demonic strength and I pushed upwards. The building groaned as it shifted. I pushed it up a bit further, just enough for Nao to get his legs out.

"I-I can't move... sorry." Nao stuttered, groaning in pain afterwards as he attempted to move his crushed legs. I frowned and tried using one hand to hold the building, it worked but the building dropped dangerously low along with my arm, I wouldn't be able to hold this for long. I grabbed his left leg and pushed it away and then did the same with his right. My arm started to bend the wrong way. I whimpers din pain and dropped the building. A bit of rubble fell on us but either then that the building stayed put. I crawled over to Nao and hugged him. He started to cry a bit.

"It's okay. We'll be saved soon enough." I murmured reassuringly.