22. New Encouters

Start from the beginning

I nodded slowly, my mind still buzzing with questions. Niall zoomed off, the only sound to be heard was my panicked breathing and the ticking of the clock on the bed side table.

I hugged my knees to my chest, and rested my chin in between them.

My head shot up when I thought I heard the sound of claws scratching against a tiled floor. I'm sure I heard it. I had a dog at home, so I was certain I hadn't mistaken any other noise for it. I carefully stood up, and leant against the wall. I'm sure it came from the ensuite bathroom in Niall's room.

"Hello?" I called out. "Who's in there?"

Then I heard a quiet yelp. There was certainly a dog in there. But why on earth would there be a dog in the house?

"Come here, boy." I called quietly, crouching down slightly in anticipation.

What came next made me gasp in fear. A tall, black, wolf appeared from around the corner. I scrambled back towards the wall, and miscalculated the distance, and I ended up falling over and hitting my head against the wall. I was now below eye level with the creature, as it approached me, it's brighten golden eyes glowing. It growled as it moved closer towards me, the hair in between its shoulder blades standing up. It came to stand just infront of my knees, baring its teeth and snarling.

"Harry!" I called, "Help me!"

Sure enough, Harry appeared at the door, his eyes and deep shade of red, and fangs appeared over his lips ready to fight. However, when he caught sight of the creature in front of me, his fangs disappeared back into his gums, and his eyes turned green again.

"Zeus!" He cried happily, jogging over to it.

At the sound of its name, it stopped snarling and faced him. Suddenly, it's ears perked up and its tail wagged. It barked happily and ran into Harry's arms. Harry hugged the animal affectionately, smiling.

"I thought I'd never see you again..." He muttered against it's fur.

"Care to explain?" I questioned, now standing on my feet, arms crossed angrily.

"Oh right." He stood up and brushed himself off. "Zeus, Kate. Kate, Zeus." He said, gesturing between us both.

Zeus growled, and got into a defensive position, before Harry quickly knelt down next to it.

"No no, she's a friend, Zeusie." He calmed it, scratching his head.

This made him instead change from growling, to wagging its tail and jumping up towards my face to lick me.

"Wow, his moods swings are almost as bad as yours." I joked.

"Well then, your welcome for saved you from the savage beast." Harry joked, waving me off and walking out the door.

"Wait, I'm coming!" I said eagerly, making Zeus bark happily along and follow me out the door.

---

We reached the living room to the happy faces of the boys.

"Zeus!" They all exclaimed before running over to greet their old friend. I laughed as I watched them all greet each other before turning to Harry.

"How did it even get in?" I nudged Harry to get him to take his gaze off of the boys.

"He can teleport around." He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"How?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"He's a Dire Wolf." He turned to me, for some reason holding me hand.

"A magical thing that I shouldn't ask too many questions about?" I asked sarcastically, raising an eyebrow.

"Bingo." Harry winked at me.

After a few minutes of playing with Zeus, we all took a seat back on the sofas around the room. I was taken by surprise when the big wolf jumped onto the sofa that I was on, and rested it's head on my lap. I smiled and stroked it affectionately, watching as it gradually feel asleep on me. That was when I turned to see Harry smiling down at me, for the first time it wasn't a smirk. I smiled back, and rested my head on his shoulder, which led to him resting his head on mine in return.

Before I feel asleep, I scanned the room. I saw Liam, Zayn and Louis all sleeping on different sofas, whilst Niall was curled up peacefully on a beanbag in the middle of the room.

I laughed gently, being careful not to wake the already slumbering Harry and Zeus on either side of me. That's when I decided I would join them.

~*~

(A picture of Zeus is on the side)