Cheering Yourself Up

We all have ways to cheer ourselves up. Maybe it's watching a funny movie, or just forgetting about it. I cheer myself up with many different ways. Some times I read a book and I forget why I was sad. Or I draw or write. But my favorite way is music.

I just chose an up beat song and sing along to it. While I listen to this song some times, I sing along to it in a silly accent. Not to make fun of the song, but to cheer myself. So far it has always worked. It's funny. How some things cheer us up and others make us upset.

Some songs even make me cry because they bring up painful memories. Music is a powerful thing. No lie. Have you ever felt like you really connected with a song? Well that's what I try to do. But I haven't been able to with this song. I guess that's why this song cheers me up. Plus it's such an up beat song!

Just doing something to take you mind off it helps  too. Do something you love. Read, write, draw, sing, dance, whatever. Just as long as you enjoy it. :)

I felt that I was really depressing in the last couple of chapters. So I want to have his one fun and cheerful! And I promise I'll go back to the depressing, gloomy person I usually am while writing this. ;)

Anyway, cheerful. It's hard being cheerful. But it's worth it. When you're happy people notice and want to be around you more. Because when you're happy it makes others happy too. I don't know why but I can't stop smiling. Just in a good mood I guess.

So, what to say? What to say? Well I got a 100 on my history test, that made me happy for a few minutes.

Well I really don't know what to say. In fact, I'm kinda lucky that I wrote this. I forgot and remembered like 10 minutes ago. it was pretty funny. I was sitting at the table and I just kinda remembered. My eyes went wide and I raced to get to my laptop. It must have looked really funny.

It's good to be able to laugh at yourself. Sometimes you have to. If you mess up, just laugh it off. People will respect you more. I would that's for sure.

I also found this trick to help you stop crying. You pinch that little bit of skin between your thumb and pointer finger. You must pinch it hard. I don't know if it works or not, so don't quote me! But I'll let you know if it does.

Sometimes you just need to talk to someone. You don't have to talk about what's bothering you, you can just joke around and keep your mind off of it. Sometimes the best way to get through something, is to forget it. It's just how some things work.

__________________________________________________

Author's Note

Well I really have no idea what else to say. So how about you tell me how you would cheer yourself up? I could use all the ideas. Because when I get upset I fake a smile and go into this silent state.

Well thanks for reading. Sorry it was so short. But I'm not that good at writing in full on cheer mood. Don't know why.

Your's Truly

Stargirl