I'm Still A Bit Stunned About This One

Ugh. Stupid locker. It never closes, at least never when I want it to. There I was, slamming all of my weight against this locker, hoping to force it shut. Eventually though, the locker closed. 

I walked down the hall, carrying my stack of books as kids stared at me once again. I didn't even flinch to see if there was something on my clothes that was causing the staring. I already knew that they were just planning how to get revenge for the food fight that I killed them all in. 

Apparently, one kid was already trying. Out of nowhere, this random kid jumped put and tripped me. Causing all of my books to splay across the floor. Everybody just stood there and laughed at me as I tried to gather my books again. Ugh. Why? Why must it be me all the time?

I continued to gather my books and tried to block out all of the laughing and insults that they were all shouting at me. When suddenly, some boy stepped over and helped me gather my books. Instantly, they all shut up. I could only imagine what they must have been thinking.

Actually, I didn't even know what was thinking. What the heck was this kid helping me for? Was he going to try and pull something on me? I felt completely stunned. I just sat there as he stacked my books back up neatly.

"When all of you can be perfect, then you can pick on her. But, until then, you might as well study up for the test next week," He smiled down at me and walked away.

And shut up, they remained. Not a flinch as I made my way down the hallway with my nose in the air. Now, that felt more like the way it should be.