Disguising the Mask

Börja om från början

The bangs of the brown wig cut off at just above her eyes, barely resting on her eyelashes. She swept them aside in habit of doing that with her own bangs when they grew too long. Realizing that they helped hide her mask better, she combed them with her fingers back to the position the bangs originally fell in. The long straight wig had its length come down just above her elbows. The ends of the hair curled into rings as if they were curled with a curling iron. She brought the hair forward to lay in front of her shoulders, then pulled the hood of her jacket to cover her head.

Lastly, she took the oversized sunglasses out from her duffel, then placed them over her eyes. She stared at herself in the mirror with a deadpan look.

"I'm a hot mess," she muttered with a sigh.

First off, the sunglasses didn't hide the red and black mask on her nose.

Wearing a hood over her bulged wig just looked like a disaster.

The blue hoodie was clashing terribly with the red and black suit that her spandex covered hands were shown under.

Her pant legs cut off barely below the knee, revealing the red suit, to which was covered at the feet with green sneakers.

She looked more suspicious than a cartoon bank robber wearing a black hat, black-and-white striped shirt, and carrying a brown bag with a dollar sign on it. It was more than obvious that she was hiding her suit.

Marinette knew it was the best she could do for the time, and it wouldn't do her any better to stroll around as Ladybug in plain sight.

She picked up her duffel bag with a sigh and unlocked the door to leave. As she once again tried to make a run for the exit, but she was stopped again by the same person.

"I know you're amazing and everything, but come on, Ladybug! Did you buy your clothes from a tool depot? Why those colors with those- ugh! Please, allow me to give you a makeover! Please, please!! I don't want my bestie to be walking around like a fashion disaster!" Chloe basically begged the annoyed superheroine.

At the time, she really didn't have anything better to do and it was growing late and dark out.

"Right now?" She asked, a bit unamused, but trying to change her demeanor a little.

"Yay! Let's go to my daddy's hotel. You're... about my size, so I'll just lend you some of my clothes!" Chloe exclaimed excitedly. The blonde estimated them to be around a similar size, which was correct. Ladybug noticed Sabrina wasn't around when she came back, so she was under the assumption that she left.

"Okay thanks, Chloe," Ladybug said, pushing herself to be nice. Even though Chloe had teased and mocked her in her civilian form for the last five years, she saw that Chloe genuinely idolized her as a heroine, so she needed to set a good example and be civil.

The girl dragged the superhero out to her limo, where her butler awaited.

"Greetings Miss Bourgeois. Sabrina was picked up by her mother?"

"Yes," Chloe replied.

"Hi, would it be okay for Chloe to have me over?" Ladybug asked the butler.

"I'm sure the mayor would approve," he replied to Ladybug's relief.

They drove back to the hotel, which involved Chloe giving Ladybug an earful of fashion advice the entire way back. "Green sneakers?! Ladybug, I knew a total dork who used to wear green sneakers! Trust me, you do not want to be mistaken for her."

Already knowing exactly who Chloe was referring to, Ladybug groaned quietly to herself.

"When I fix you up, we definitely have to take a selfie together! So I know you probably want to wear this ratty old wig, but I think we should at least style it before you wear it again," Chloe continued dishing out unwanted fashion advice, to which Ladybug basically ignored.