Chapter 10

The ship had landed and the crew disperse to get all the supplies for the ship. "Okay purincess yer gonna give me answers."

"Okay, what?" Marinette answered as she sat in his quarters.

"Explain why does this compass match the map." Chat moved the map and compass toward her.

"A pirate made it and used part of the Perla to use it power as the moving arrow."

"The moving piece..." Mumbled Chat Noir. "What does it do?"

"It leads you anywhere you ask it to go?"

"Anywhere?" Chat Noir spiked up his head.

"It was made for once your on the island it'll help you locate it's exact spot." Marinette informed..

"So this can find anything and any treasure?" Chat Noir eyes gleam at the compass.

"Can I go now?" Marinette said irritated.

"No purincess... I still have some more questions." Chat grin a chesire smile. "Tell me how does the Pearla have to be involve with that missing tail of yers."

Marinette sighs as she hesitated on telling him but knew he would threaten out of her, "The moon takes my tail. But when the moon is shown through the pearla it suppose to give my tail back."

"Suppose? So you don't know?" Chat Noir slyed a brow.

"I do! It just it known to cause an effect. It can..." Then out of no where a headache appeared as she fell to the floor.

"Marinette!"

"Ughh...Where am I? Who am I? What am I doing here?" She groans because when she loses her tail then she can lose her memory of a mermaid as the moon power replaces the memories slowly into human ones.

She started to fall out of her seat, "Mari.... Your Marinette, my mermaid on my ship. Are you okay?"

Her headache starts to fade away, "your..Chat?...hold on, I'm...I'm okay."

"Alright lassy don't startled me like. You aren't feline well aren't you?"

"No I'm fine but the puns can stop." She gave a slight smirk.

"You've cat to be kitten me purincess." Chat purred out, "What happened?"

"I'm going to get fresh air then I'll you. Don't follow or I'll throw you to the sharks." She threatens as she tried to play off being ok.

Chat chuckles as he saw her walk out. He decided not to follow and to let her let off some steam. She goes on deck and stand at the edge of the ship, feeling the spray of the water against her skin, and try to remember, but it is all vague. She is forgetting: soon she will not even remember that she have forgotten something at all. It has not been long since the moon changed her, but will be longer yet until shr can rediscover her true form, and already the memories leave her. She feel them, as they escape her mind; gentle fingers, a whispered song carried upon the wind, the soft tears of the heavens of the sea, brushing across her cheek with pity and compassion, fleeing into the world. In this body, she is losing everything.

This body seem to die around her, with each breath, and a memory leaves her: she fear she will die in this body, with the knowledge of her true form gone. She id captive to the ephemeral nature that plagues humanity in this body; had they left her a mermaid, at least she would not have the knowledge of mortality.

She looks around the deck and saw no one was on board except maybe inside. She stares off looking at the port they landed. She was mesmerize by the sight and saw all the stories she heard were true.