Chapter 2

It was a nice day out over the Pacific Ocean, the waves were calm and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Though everything on the surface was nice things under the water weren't exactly peachy, at the bottom of this vast sea sat an unknown life source, better known as mermaids a prize treasure to any human. On the surface, no one knew of this magical underwater construction. It was retold as a lovely but old fairy tale, but who even believed those anymore but pirates?  Sadly, this notion was just horrible and so, the mermaids were reluctant to see someone. But the curiosity was simply too great. The human world was interesting and much larger than the small town in the sea. It was exciting to think about what you could do in this world, what was there waiting to be discovered

"Why is it such a big deal?! There aren't any humans at the surface so I don't get why you're so mad!" Alya screeched.

"Because Alya you know that it is forbidden to go to the surface!" Marinette as she swam close behind Alya.

Alya's head submerged from under the water to the forbidden air, "All clear!"

Marinette soon followed, "I told you that there weren't any humans around so... It's fine!" Alya pulled Marinette's wrist.

"That's beside the point! You're my best friend and I don't want anything to happen to you, we can never take chances. And I don't know what it is that made you start acting this way but it needs to stop!" She said angrily.

"Oh my god, you are so uptight! You can't keep telling me what to do for the rest of my life!" Alya giggles as she sat right up onto a nearby boulder.

"Trixx how about you! Can you knock sense into her?" Marinette says to the little orange fish that belongs to Alya.

"Ehh-No. But you worry too much." Trixx said before swimming next to Alya's brown tail.

Then Marinette looked at Tikki her fish who shrugs and says, "Mari just relax."

Marinette gave in and follow up next to Alya on the boulder that was higher than Alya's and laid down. The sun shone through the water and hit her perfectly on her tail. 

"Hey Mari, are you alright?" Alya asked.

Marinette turns her head to look at her best friend, "Yeah, I hate that you make me come."

"I only do because you love the sunshine."

"I know but I have to make sure that there aren't any boats," Marinette says cautiously.

"Like you ever actually seen one," Alya teased.

"I saw sunken ships for your information but I can't ever be too careful. What if anything ever happens to you?"

"Mari you worry too much maybe it's time to get you a merman." Alya teased.

"Not this again..." Marinette mumbled.

"Come on! Nathaniel is kind of cute and he really likes you." Alya pleaded.

"Alya I just don't like him and your only trying to get rid of me." Marinette teased.

Alya sighed, "so not true... Maybe." and looked up at the blue sky, "You know, I've been thinking."

"About what?" Marinette asked as she stretched in the sun.

"What it's like to be a human, what it's like to live on land, and to have legs." Alya daydreamed of all the possibilities.

"I have to admit I'm a little curious myself but I like my tail," Marinette says.

"You know we can have them we just have to break....." Alya was cut off as she started to state her evil plot as Marinette splashed water on her with her tail.

"No Alya! No-no-no. You know the dangers of messing with our tail!"

"Mari calm down! I'm just joking!"Alya exclaimed.

"Some joke!" Mari said angrily as she dives into the water with Alya following her. She swam back down to deep water with the palace and into her room; at one point Marinette wasn't even mad at Alya but it was funny to watch her beg for forgiveness.

"Mari! Girl, please don't be mad!"

"Fine. Alya but please don't ever bring up that idea ever again." Marinette pff with crossed arms.

"You know I'm just joking..... Come on let's go!" Alya said excitedly as she grabbed Marinette's arm.

"What now?" Marinette eye-rolled as she waited for Alya's answer.

"Let go race the school of fishes!!" Alya says as she pointed in a distance where a storm of them was forming.

"Where do you get so much energy?" Marinette whined already tired from their adventure on the surface.

"Aye I'm a mermaid for adventure and I'm totally going to beat you this time!" Alya grinned trying to pursue Marinette more.

Marinette smirked up to Alya's challenge, "that what you said last time and the day before too!" She laughed.

"So I don't hear a 'no'," Alya assume and got a hold onto Marinette.

"Come on Mari!" Tikki said gleefully. 

"Okay. Fine!" Giggles as she races Alya to the reef.

The mermaids and the school of fish began to race each other as the school of fish swirled in a cylinder that almost reached the surface. Alya and Marinette followed the school of the fish path as they race to whoever reaches the top of the surface first. Marinette was eventually so far ahead of Alya that Alya stopped in defeat. "Alya what happen to beat me this time!" Marinette floated near the surface waiting for Alya to catch up.

Alya saw from above Marinette some creature shadow was above her, "Mari get down!!" And rushed up to get her.

"What!" Marinette asked as she barely heard Alya's warning.

It was too late a strange entanglement of ropes fell over Marinette as she was trapped and the school of fish scrambled everywhere and knocked Alya out.

A/N I will post every Tuesday