Three Little Words

Based off the following prompts from GlindaLovesShoes: Hotel verse: Robin tells Regina he loves her and she freaks out because she thinks no one can love the EQ. Bonus points if Robin already knows who she is but doesn't tell her

Regina stared at her closet, trying to find the perfect outfit. Bobby hadn't been specific about where he was taking her for their date and his only clue was that he was going to treat her now that he was the owner of the Ever After Hotel. "My bank account has suddenly doubled in size," he said, "and I want to spoil you."

With that in mind, she imagined he was taking her some place a bit more on the pricey side, even though she always protested he didn't have to. Regina had had her share of someone trying to use wealth to win her affection (though Leopold wasn't so much trying to win her affection but hope to please her without really bothering to find out why his young bride was truly unhappy). All she needed this time was Bobby, their sons and time together. They could just have a movie marathon and she'd be infinitely happier than she ever was in the royal palace.

Yet spoiling her made Bobby happy and she doubted it would be as painful as sitting through a ball shrouded in shadows while her husband treated his daughter as a queen. Bobby always gave her his full attention and did everything in his power to make her feel special. In turn, she hoped she did the same to him.

Regina selected a green cocktail dress to wear. Green wasn't one of her usual colors but it was one of Bobby's favorites, so she had gotten the dress especially for him. It had a plunging neckline that gave a tantalizing--but tasteful, in her opinion--glimpse at her breasts before hugging her curves and ending just above her knees. Cap sleeves covered her shoulders but not her arms, so she pulled out a black wrap to wear as well.

She sat at her vanity, curling and pinning up her hair, when she heard a soft knock. "Henry, is that you?" she called out.

"Can I come in?" His little voice was muffled by the door.

"Of course," she called out. "The door is unlocked."

The door creaked open and Henry peeked in, hazel eyes gazing at her. "Are you getting ready for your date with Mr. Bobby?"

"I am. Do you need something?" she asked, pulling out her makeup as she sat at her vanity.

He shook his head, jumping onto her bed. "I just wanted to spend some time with you."

She smiled at him, her heart melting at his comment. However, she was sure he would get bored. "I'm just putting on my makeup, sweetheart."

"That's okay," he said, bouncing a bit on her bed. "I'm fine just sitting here."

Regina turned around, concerned. That was a statement that usually sent him heading back downstairs to play with his toys. She frowned. "Are you sure there's nothing wrong, Henry?"

"Yes," he said, far too quickly for her liking. She kept her gaze on him, trying not to glare or stare, and waited.

He squirmed on her bed before asking: "Are you going to marry Mr. Bobby?"

That caught her off guard. She stood from her vanity and sat next to him on the bed, pulling him close to her as she wrapped her arms around him. "I don't know," she admitted. "Why?"

"Because I like him and I like Roland. I think we'd be a great family," Henry said, hopefully. "A normal one."

"Normal?" Regina felt like her gut was twisted into knots as the fear she was depriving Henry of something vital crept up again.