Pulling Away

A/N: Based on the following prompt: Hotel verse: Regina is upset Henry is distancing himself from her and (Robin) comforts her. Bonus if it turns smutty.

Looks like I won't get those bonus points but I hope you all enjoy this!

-Mac

Regina heard the front door unlock and then open. As it shut again, she pulled a plate out of the refrigerator and placed it in the oven. She straightened up just as her tired husband wandered into the kitchen, loosening the tie he wore. The sleeves of his shirt were already rolled up to his elbows and he plopped down in a chair with a weary sigh. "Who knew accountants would party so hard?" he asked.

She chuckled, walking over to him and massaging his shoulders. "Long night, huh?"

"Yeah," he said, leaning into her touch. "I had to shut down the open bar. It did not go over well."

"Wow," she said, kissing the top of his head. "Well, it's all over now. And I'm just heating up your dinner as I'm sure you didn't get a chance to really eat."

He looked up, smiling at her. "You're the best."

"Thank you," she replied, her spirits deflating a bit rather than getting a boost. "But I don't feel like I'm the best right now."

"Why?" he asked, watching as she moved back toward the oven. "What's wrong, Regina?"

She shook her head, setting the plate of food down in front of him. "Don't worry about it. You've had such a long day and don't need to be burdened by my concerns."

Robin gently gripped her wrist, looking up at her with a frown. "You know that's not how our marriage works. We support each other, remember?"

"I do," she said, sitting down next to him.

He nodded, leaning closer to her. "So what's bothering you?"

She sighed as he took her hand, rubbing the back of it with his thumb. "It's Henry," she admitted.

"What about him?" he asked, sounding even more concerned.

"I don't know. He's been sullen all day and won't give me anything more than one syllable answers," she told him, thinking about how hard she tried to understand what was wrong. He just wouldn't tell her anything.

Robin frowned. "Did you ask Roland? Those two have always been thick as thieves. If Henry confided in anyone..."

"It would be him," Regina agreed, nodding. The same thought had occurred to her earlier as well. She shook her head. "He hasn't said anything to Roland and he's concerned as well. I think he may try but..."

She paused, her words getting stuck in her throat as lump formed there. Tears filled her eyes as she swallowed. "But I don't think he's going to have much luck either," she finally finished.

"Maybe he just needs a day and then he'll come talk to us," Robin suggested. "It's happened before."

"True," she admitted, recalling when he had failed math and had been scared to tell them about it. He had avoided them for almost two days, giving them short answers and disappearing into his room whenever he could. Finally, he had crept into their bedroom and confessed everything to them. They had assured him that it was okay and that it wasn't something to be embarrassed about before getting him a tutor so he could the extra attention he needed to help pass his class.

This time, though, felt different. He didn't seem to be embarrassed as much as angry. It made him cold and aloof, even from the brother who had always been his best friend. Neither she nor Roland could understand why.