Our Circumstances, Our World

Emma POV 

I exhaled slowly to calm my beating heart and considering its winter,the exhaled air could be described as mist. The snow crunched under my footsteps as I stalked forward,eyes darting around trying to find a glispe of Mienne but with the snow falling like it is,it's making it harder to see or walk.

It's snowing quite heavily even though Christmas is long gone but like always,Christmas leaves something behind to have us remember it. The training grounds of the Kou Palace is out of bounds with most of the warriors returning home,it's gotten quiet. Taking this chance of hardly no visualisation and hardly noone around: Me and Mienne went to the forest.

Of course we needed to tell someone where we're going so we told Shou and Koumei. Although the conversation I had with Koumei is still fresh in my mind and what happened on Christmas day,just thinking about it made my checks feel warm.

~Flashback start~

I knocked twice onto Koumei's bedroom door but i received no answer. I blinked at the door then looked at the sky only noticing that the sun is beginning to rise.

"he should be wake..." I mumble softly to myself as I crossed my arms. "but as a prince..he must be busy. I guess I can come back later" I commented lightly before I spun on my heel but as I did I heard the sound of a door opening.

"Emma-dono?" a sleepy voice asked and I turned around to see Koumei rubbing the back of his head,a habit I found out he does when embrassed or sometimes confused. Koumei's robes looks like he's been sleeping for a while.

"I'm sorry did I wake you?" I questioned him softly and grinned slighty as I stepped towards him.

"Not at all! In fact I'm glad you did..." Koumei muttered as he brought his Dantailon fan to his face.

"Hmm why?" I asked curiously as I tilted my head to the side. I noticed Koumei's checks took on a little colour before he looked away then back at me,probably thinking if he should tell me.

"We are having a war council in a few minutes" Koumei informed me,leaning in slightly "looks like we're be invading the Kingdom of Beasts,Yansai if they don't accept the treaty that a envoy will send with them" Koumei carried on before heaving a long sigh.

I opened my mouth in a 'ooh' sound as I remembered that Kou Empire is constantly expanding to control the west and east. I grinned as I slowly realised that I could be in the battle too. 

I waved Koumei towards me,he came and I leaned up to his ear to whisper in it.

"When will you send a envoy then?" I asked him quietly as I was curious and kinda excited about it although I would like to see what this 'Yansai,Kingdom of Beasts' is like,what systems they use,do they have slaves and all sorts of questions ran through my head in a rush.

Koumei stepped back from me,rubbing the back of his head again.

"Don't think I'm allowed to say it without My brother,the king's say so,I'm sorry" Koumei apologise with a slight bow of his head and I waved my hands at that,panickly as I wasn't royalty or anything.

"No need for that! I'm sorry for being nosey!" I apologized sincerely and quickly following with a bow. I could hear someone laughing although it's slightly muffled.

"Kouha!" I excalimed semi-loud,as I crossed my arms across my chest. Kouha let out a loud laugh,before he came around the corner with his usual smile on his face.

"What is it Emma-Nee?" Kouha asked as he is  pretending to be innocent to evastropping. His usual trio of magicians and Fang followed after him.

"You shouldn't laugh while evastropping,it totally gives you away you know!" I lightly scolded him, but it made him laugh and Koumei shutter a protest in response to what I said.