Shou Shunnjin Crisis!! Part Two

The small army consisting of Kouen Ren,Shou Shuujin,Emma Pendragon,Mienne Asuki,Kouen's household vessels and 15 foot soldiers are riding towards the village of Castero but there are late because the houses are ablaze with crimson flames reaching the sky and the wails and screams coming from the townsfolk could be heard for miles out. A sure sign that the battle has begun.

But the forces at work wasn't what they hoped for nor what they expected it to be.

Emma POV

'We are late'

'How many people have died?'
'Why burn these houses down?'
'Did Shou's family make it out?'
'Why didn't we know about this sooner?'

These are horrid thoughts that went through my head as we galloped near the village of Castero,Shou's home village that he was born and raised. I could see the houses burning then crumbling because it couldn't hold it's own weight anymore also I could smell burnt flesh as the wind carried it over to us. It made me nauseous but i held back,i mean it would set a bad example if I threw up my guts just by this smell.

This event reminds of that particular subject that we was taught in History class by Mrs Hall and it pissed me off and unnerved me at the same time after all burning people alive is a bit too much but i guess barbarians will be themselves.

'I hope his family made it out alive....' I thought to myself as I peeked a glance at Shou to see him bite his lip hard enough to draw blood and his grip on the reins has tightened termously as I could see the red marks on his knuckles and hands from over here.

I grit my teeth as my hands tightened on the reins and from the corner of my eye I saw Shou do the same wanting to head out straight away to save his family and I would do the same. 

 'if we use more time up,more people will get killed and even Shou's family...' I thought aggravated As I could do nothing then an idea struck me,a risky idea one that might kill us both so I turned to Mienne.

"Do armies small as this send scouts ahead?" I whispered to her,smiling lightly as I kept an eye on Shou to make sure his emotions doesn't get the better of him as his horse just pranced about not stopping or moving.

Mienne nodded at me,her right bright eyes twinkling with excitement and her blinded one had a glint in it as she said:

"I believe so"

I smirked at that as my plan could be set off while Kouen has his war council meeting and we was killing off enemies that is in front of us while scouting the numbers of the enemy's army but in reality I would just charge in and kill them all.

​​I beckoned Shou over to us and he compiled,making his horse trot over to us. He wore a calm expression now than he was earlier but i knew it was a mask and one that's easy to break if you press the right buttons. 

He has an eyebrow raised at the both of us; me because of my smirk and at Mienne's excitement.

I leaned in to whisper into his ear softly,keeping an eye on the surroundings.

"We're going to go ahead" I announced,breathing into his ear.

Shou recoiled back in surprise and looked at us with widened eyes,disbelief obvious in his expression. He quickly looked sideways before leaning down again. 

"That's reckless!" Shou castied us,voice in a harsh whisper that had me pulling away,wincing and holding the ear he whispered in.

"It will work if we bet everything on it otherwise you'll be waiting for hours before getting the get to go, Shou" I harshly whispered back with Mienne nodding at the back.