Halloween Special

Emma POV

Tap..Tap...Tap

I tapped the quill against the desk as i held my chin in thought,humming softly. I was currently in the royal library after the events that happened in Castero, Shouu's home village and in response of Kouen's demand of wanting to know the military tactics of our world so to do that I need to write them up and hand them to Kouen but my mind is elsewhere.

It's the 23rd of October and Halloween is literally a week from now but i seen no signs of people of Kou preparing for it.

"Maybe they don't know..." i mumble softly as I leaned against the desk and sighed softly.

"who doesn't know what?", a deep and gruff voice asked behind me as a shadow blocked out the library lights and covered the work I was currently on.

I jumped in shock and looked up in surprise to meet a narrowed gaze from Kouen who looked once at my work until he looks back at me with raised eyebrows.

"Who doesn't know what?" Kouen repeats with a edge of irritation in his voice as he sidesteps out of the way of the light so he was at my right side and his crosses his arms,staring at me.

I grinned slightly in response as I hummed in thought debating whether to tell or not but consider he's the first prince he could have me thrown in a dungeon or some kind of jail so I had no choice to answer.

"Halloween!", I happily exclaimed as I flashed him a peace sign.

"Halloween? What is that?" Kouen echos as He slightly frowns and confusion flashes across his eyes.

I blinked at him in surprise and I realized my earlier thoughts was right, Kouen just confirmed it but too late to back out now.

'Maybe if you tell him,he might make it happen Emma-sama' Lucifer suggests as he's kind voice filled my mind before it disappeared. I nodded at that after all if he finds something interesting,he just has to have it.

"so you don't have it here then?" i asked softly and at Kouen's nod,I slumped against the table and sighed softly.

I took a peek at Kouen and frowned slightly as he still stood there with his arm crossed.

"Let's see, Halloween has many names but from it's origins it was originally called All Hallow's Eve and the ideology was from the Celtic festival called Samhain where people would light bonfires and wear costumes ranging from Witches to devils to ward off ghosts", I informed him as I drew small drawings of a bonfire and some random costumes that I weared when I was a kid.

"Celts? Samhain? Ghosts?" Kouen asked in a broken manner as he placed his hand under his chin and he looked towards me. I saw some flicker of interest in his eyes and small quirk of his lips. 

"Celts lived about 2,000 years ago or so the internet Said on this subject in the areas of United Kingdom,Ireland and northern France and they believed on 31st to 1st that the border between the life and dead becomes blurred and they believed that ghosts trash there harvest fields after the borderlines opens fully open" I replied smiling softly as I drew small miniature ghosts like figures ruining Fields of wheat.

Kouen let a small sound of amusement escape from his mouth and I glanced at him to see his gaze focused on the piece of paractment in front of me , grinning softly I started to draw a bonfire with people surrounding it and some small pumpkins around the bonfire as well.

Kouen pointed to the pumpkins on my drawings,his expression is poker as always but the creases around his brows eased just a bit. "what's this funny looking thing with the creepy looking smile and eye's?" Kouen asks,looking at me directly.