"Sure," I answered, looking at her with a puzzled expression.

"Okay, thanks. And, uh, Josh, the remote's on the couch. Feel free to watch anything you'd like," the brown-eyed girl said before leading us to the kitchen.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked once we got there, sitting down on a stool.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she responded, pushing her hair behind her ear, "but, um... can I ask you something?"

"Anything," I told her.

"Have you ever noticed Halsey acting... weird around you? Like, angry at you, or jealous, even?"

"What did she do now?" I asked, already knowing what this was about.

"She... talked to me," she replied. "Asked me weird questions."

"Like?"

"Like, what my first impression of you was, or if I've ever felt jealous of you." She sighed. "She tried to convince me to join her. I think she wanted me to help her to break you and Josh up or something."

"What?" I whispered out, wide-eyed. I shouldn't have been surprised about that, knowing how she was around me, but it was still really hard to process. "And what did you tell her?"

"I told her to forget it, obviously," she answered. "I could never do that to a person. Much less to you."

I pushed my lips together, remaining silent as I looked down at the marble table. My eyes went up to look at Debby's, who were concerned about me. "Thank you for telling me."

"It's no problem," she whispered, letting the room fill up with silence soon after. After a moment, though, she spoke up again. "Um, I know it's none of my business, but are you gonna tell Josh about this?"

I let out a sigh. "I don't know. Probably not. I don't wanna worry him with anything."

"Not that my opinion is important, but I really think you should. I mean, for all you know, he could be having some trouble with her and this would just make him, I don't know, ignore her or cut her off, maybe?" Debby suggested.

"You're right. I know they're not in the best of terms right now, and it's most likely because of me, so..." I paused for a moment. "I don't know. I'll just have to think about it, I guess."

"Okay." There was yet another pause, leaving us to think about the situation before Debby broke it. "Um, well, it's getting late, so-"

"Yeah. And, thank you, by the way," I told her, smiling at her. "You're a good friend, Debs."

"Well, what else was I supposed to do?" she said, smiling back at me as she enveloped me in a tight hug.

The hug lasted for a few seconds before Josh walked in and slowly neared us as he opened his arms and wrapped us both in his hug, causing us to laugh softly.

"Yes, we're leaving now, Josh," I chuckled before he let go of the both of us.

"Goodbye, guys," Debby said, smiling at us. "I'm so glad we got to see each other."

"Same here," both Josh and I said at the same time, making us grin at each other.

The three of us walked to the front door, not saying a single word on the way there. As we said goodbye to each other, we gave Debby one last hug before we walked to the car and drove home. The whole ride wasn't filled with many words. Instead, I kept debating in my head whether or not I should talk about what Debby told me earlier to Josh.