Chapter 23

A couple weeks have passed since Josh and I spoke about my last encounter with Nick. We also talked about the tour, which was going to begin soon with some festivals before. Well, now we were on our way to one of the festivals.

After packing up what we needed, we left our hometown and traveled to Austin, Texas, where the festival was going to take place. Josh mentioned some of the artists that were performing there besides them. Some of them I knew, like Panic! At the Disco and Fall Out Boy, which were also some good friends of mine. Others, I've heard about them, but never met them, like Halsey or Chvrches. Honestly, I was pretty excited to go there. I've never gone to a festival with so many artists and bands, or any festival, for that matter.

When we arrived to the place, Josh and Tyler went backstage with their crew to set things up while Jenna and I took a look around the place. I could hear a DJ's music playing in the distance, but we didn't bother to check them out. Instead, we searched around the place, looking at all the stands that were selling merchandise from all of the artists.

"Man, this looks awesome. I've never gone to a festival with this many people," Jenna commented.

"I've actually never gone to a festival, but so far it seems really cool," I replied.

"Yeah. Hey, wanna get a drink?" Jenna asked. "The weather's gonna get really hot soon, so let's buy something before the line gets too long, alright?"

"Sounds good. I think the drinks were over there," I said, pointing at one of the stands. 

We made our way to the stands, getting in the line and ordering some sodas. We paid for them after they handed them to us, then started made our way to where the boys were so we could talk to them. It would take us a good ten minutes, since we managed to get a big gap between us and the stage. Not to mention the fact that more and more people were arriving, which made it a bit more difficult to get through.

As we were strolling around the place, we heard a high-pitched scream that seemed to have come from a young girl, which caught our attention. "Oh, my God! I can't believe it!"

Jenna and I both turned around at the same time, looking curiously at the screaming girl who was accompanied by a few of her friends before we realized that she was looking straight at us.

When we turned our heads to look at her, the other girls recognized us, as well, and their eyes instantly widened as they all brought a hand up to cover their mouths to avoid letting their screams out.

Both Jenna and I started smiling, waving at the girls as they slowly approached us, keeping their hands over their lips. One of them built up the courage to take her hand away from her mouth and spoke in a soft, shy voice. "Oh, my God. It really is you. Hi!"

"Hey! How are you all?" I asked kindly, my smile widening.

"Uh-uh, we're, um, we're really good. Sorry for screaming, uh, I was just too excited. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you or something," she apologized.

"Don't be. We're happy you guys came here. How's everything been so far?" Jenna questioned them with a grin.

"It's been pretty great," one of the other girls answered. "A little boring, maybe, but then Allie saw you guys. We didn't believe her, until you turned around and I probably died a little on the inside. You guys are awesome, by the way."

I blushed a little, since I still haven't gotten used to the fans giving me compliments. "Thank you," I responded shyly, almost too quiet for the girls to hear.

"You are literally the cutest human being ever. After Tyler and Josh, of course. You're so pretty, too! I'm so jealous of you," another girl said to me.