Chapter 6

I woke up by the sound of a notification that had come from my phone. At first I was surpised, and jumped up with a small yelp, until I realized what happened. I let out a tired sigh and grabbed my phone, looking at the screen. My eyebrows furrowed and I frowned as I read it was from an unknown number. I unlocked my phone and looked at the whole text, a wave of relief flowing through me as I found out from who it was.

From Unknown: Hey [Name]! This is Josh, how are you?

With a smile, I replied back.

From You: Hey! I'm good, you?

From Unknown: I'm doing fine :) Hey about what we said yesterday... When do you wanna hang out?

From You: Uh I'm still in bed right now xD lemme get dressed and I'll talk to you later

From Unknown: Sure. See ya

I quickly changed the name to Josh before I stood up and quickly got to my wardrobe. I ended up picking a [fav/color] tank top and some light blue shorts, along with a pair of black and white converse.

After getting dressed, I put on a small amount of makeup and brushed my [h/c] hair. At this time in the morning, after going to sleep at 4 AM, I really didn't feel like spending hours focusing on my looks, so I just kept it simple and not something that would take more than 30 minutes.

When I was finally ready, I decided to text Josh.

From You: Hey I'm ready. So where do you wanna meet up?

Almost immediately, Josh texted me back.

From Josh: Don't worry. I'll come pick you up. I'll be there in 10. Bye!

Well, then.

Just like he had said, Josh was at my house in around 10 minutes. He knocked on the door, and I answered with a big smile.

"So, ready to go?" Josh asked me.

"Go where?" I looked at Josh, a confused expression wrapped on my face.

Josh shrugged. "Dunno. Hey, I just saw a park when I was driving here. Wanna go there?"

I was silent for a second, but then nodded, mumbling a "sure", and we both got inside the car. I buckled in my seatbelt and Josh started driving to the park.

"So, how are you? Did you sleep well?" Josh asked me, glacing at me for a split-second before turning his attention back to the road.

"I didn't get much sleep, but other than that, I'm fine," I replied. "You?"

"Uh, I did go to bed pretty late, but I'm feeling pretty good."

A small smile spread on my face when I could finally see the park as the car was getting closer and closer. When we arrived, we got out of the car and looked at the view.

The park was fairly large, with a small path placed around it. The grass looked like it hasn't been cut recently, but it was still looking beautiful with its bright, green color. There were some trees there, as well, with several animals living inside. Some bushes were placed here and there, and colorful flowers hid in the grass, making the place look even more stunning. I then saw some squirrels that started jumping from tree to tree happily, without a single care in the world.

'It hasn't changed at single bit,' I thought with a smile forming up at the corners of my lips.

Suddenly, some wind blew some of my [h/l] [h/c] locks in front of my face, causing Josh to chuckle lightly.

"Come on, [Name]. Let's go."

"Right behind you."

We walked around the park, taking in all of the beauty. Josh was humming a song quitely, but I didn't really pay any mind to it. I was zoning out as I stared at the small pond that was just beside the path we were walking on. Then all of a sudden, I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?"

"Hm? What? Oh, yeah. Just..." I let out a sigh. "I used to visit this park all the time when I was a child. This place holds a lot of memories of when I was little. It hasn't changed at all."

Josh raised his eyebrow. "It hasn't?"

"No, not really. I remember everything was like how it is now. It's nice feeling like you're a kid again."

Josh laughed softly. "Definitely."

After walking for 20 minutes, we spotted an ice cream stand nearby, and we decided to buy two [fav/icecream/flavor] ice cream cones.

Josh had already finished his, while I still had a bit more ice cream left. We were walking down the path, joking with each other and asking each other random questions in hopes of getting to know each other better.

"If you could go back in time to change something from your past, would you?" I asked Josh, finishing the ice cream that I had left.

Josh tilted his head up, pretending to think for a while, then nodded. "Yeah."

"Really? What would you change?" I asked curiously.

He shrugged. "Dunno. Maybe I would've tried to meet you sooner."

"Oh, and why is that?" I asked with a laugh.

"Because you're fun to hang out with. You're a really funny girl, you know that, right?" He turned to look at me with a smile.

I stuck my tongue out at him, and we both ended up laughing. It was Josh's turn to ask something.

"Um, where do you work?"

"I'm a photographer," I replied, smiling widely at him.

"Wow, impressive," Josh commented. "So what kind of photos do you take?"

I shrugged. "I'm mostly hired for photo shoots and all that sort of stuff, but I always enjoy traveling and taking a lot of pictures."

Josh chuckled. "That's nice."

We kept talking for a while until we started to feel hungry and went to [fav/restaurant]. After we finished, the sky started to darken, and Josh drove me back to my house.

He followed me to the front door and we both embraced each other in a hug and stood there for a few moments before letting go.

"Hey, today was really amazing. I had a lot fun spending the day with you. We should hang out some other time?" Josh suggested, smiling.

"Yeah! I had a lot of fun with you, too. Let's see each other again soon, okay?" I smiled back.

"Of course. I'll see you soon, [Name]." He started walking to his car, and we gave each other a final wave before he drove away.

I went inside my house and decided to spend the rest of the night watching more [fav/TV/show]. I couldn't stop thinking about Josh the whole time, though. No matter how much I tried, he'd always find a way to run through my mind. I ignored the TV show completely, just thinking about him. Eventually, I finally gave in and fell asleep on my couch.