Chapter 30

"So... what do you think?"

"You look nice, [Name]."

"But do I look just nice or really nice?"

"Really nice, babe."

"But do you think it's nice enough for her to like it?"

"I'm pretty sure she's not going to care about what you're wearing. Besides, you look great. Stop worrying about it."

"But how could I not worry about this? I am meeting your mother! Do you have any idea of how stressful this is?" I questioned him, looking at his direction with wide eyes full of worry.

"I don't, but there's nothing to stress about. My mom's gonna love you," Josh replied, letting out a sigh and sitting on the bed as he stared back at me.

"But what if she doesn't? Do you know how horrible that would be? Besides, I'm not just meeting your mother, I'm meeting your entire family," I told him, walking out of the bathroom until I was just a couple feet away from him, towering over his sitting figure.

"Yeah, I know. They'll love you, too. Trust me," he attempted reassuring me, which hardly worked.

"I bet your sisters are going to look absolutely flawless and I'm gonna be over here like a potato dressed as a homeless man," I commented.

"Jeez, [Name], you're worrying over nothing. Trust me, my family is going to love you. They'll probably end up loving you more than they love me," he joked. When he received a sigh in response, he stood up and cupped my face in his hands. "Besides, you look beautiful. Always have, always will."

"That's really sweet, but that does not make me less nervous about this," I admitted, looking at myself in the mirror and judging my outfit, which was pretty simple, actually: white sweater, blue jeans, and brown boots. Still, my mind could not stop worrying and overthinking things that probably didn't even matter.

"Hey. Hey," he called behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder as he leaned his head forward. "Trust me. They'll love you. You trust me?"

"Yeah, but-"

"Finally! Okay, good. Let's go," he interrupted, walking away and grabbing his keys.

I chuckled at him before taking one last glance at the mirror and taking my phone. When I followed him out, he was already waiting by the passenger's side of the car, looking like an excited child. With a smile, I closed the front door and skipped to his car. I thanked him when he opened the door and waited for me to get in before closing it and walking to the driver's side.

"Alright, let's go," he said as he turned the car on and started driving to his parents' house.

The faint sound of the start of "Screen" started playing as the blurry images of houses passed by us. As soon as I recognized the song, I turned the volume up a bit, singing along to the wordswith a small smile decorating my lips.

"I do not know why I would go in front of you and hide my soul," I sang quietly, not knowing if Josh would mind my singing or not, "'cause you're the only one who knows it. Yeah, you're the only one who knows it."

Before the chorus started playing, I threw a glance over at Josh, who caught me staring and smiled at me, making it impossible for me to not smile back.