Chapter 9

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I immediately jumped out of my bed, shocked by the sudden, loud sound. Searching the room frantically, I realized it was just my alarm. I quickly turned it off and let out a sigh.

I stood up from my bed and grabbed my phone, putting it inside of my pocket. I made my way to the kitchen, still feeling slightly tired. When I got there, I got some [coffee/water] and sat down on my table. It was a very quiet morning, something I enjoyed. The sun had also come out, giving my home a feeling of warmth.

Definitely one of the best mornings I've had in a while.

I kept drinking my [coffee/water] until a thought came into my head.

How did I get here?

The last thing I could remember was that I was sitting in Josh's car after he had offered me to drive me home, but I had no memory of him waking me up so I could say goodbye to him.

Did he not wake me up?

I sighed, not really surprised by that. I've known Josh for a while, and I know he would do something like that. A smile spread across my lips, remembering Josh. He can be such a sweetheart sometimes...

'Sometimes? All the time, honestly,' I thought to myself as my smile grew wider. 'He's such an amazing guy...'

Wait, what am I thinking?

I quickly shook my head, trying to break my string of thoughts. Reaching into my pocket, I got out my phone and checked my messages. Apparently, I had three unread texts, two belonging to Josh and one belonging to Jenna. I noticed Josh's messages were sent at around six in the morning, which weirded me out at first, but then remembered he had to go practice really early. I decided to read Josh's texts first.

From Josh: Hey [Name]! I didn't want to wake you up last night so I carried you to your house instead :) hope you don't mind

A smile appeared on my mouth, then I read the second message.

From Josh: Text me back when you can, ok? Bye!

I made a quick mental note to answer him after I read Jenna's message. He wouldn't mind if I didn't answer right after I read them, for sure. He must be busy right now.

From Jenna: Hi! Don't forget we're meeting at the mall 3 pm. See you there xoxo

Oh, yeah. I was meeting Jenna at the mall.

From You: Ok, I'll see you there!

I pressed 'send', then I went back to the conversation I had with Josh.

From You: Hey good morning. And see? This is why I didn't want to fall asleep in your car xD sorry if it was any trouble for you

After sending the text, I threw a small glance at the clock.

'8:23'

Well, I guess I still have time before I have to go to the mall.

I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and walked back inside my bedroom. For a moment, I just stood there quietly, eyeing the area and hoping to find something that'll keep me entertained until I'll eventually have to get ready to go to the mall and see Jenna. I let out a long sigh when I found nothing. Strangely enough, I didn't really feel like watching movies or look at any of my social medias. I got into some comfortable pants, a t-shirt, a pair of old tennis I had lying around, and an oversized hoodie. I stared at myself in the mirror and tied my hair up into a messy bun.