A Rude Awakening

Jess Pov.

       I wake up due to the doctor hovering above me. I can't see clearly, it's a blur. He's prodding my forehead, and it hurts like hell! I slap him straight in the face. "Would you stick your fingers in a bullet wound?! At the patients expense?! Learn to do your job right! You're not even wearing gloves!" He rubs his red cheek. 

       "Child, its always at your expense." I recognize the voice, Doc! I hyperventilate when I realize where I am. This is an asylum sickbed! I've been moved! 

        "Where are they?! Where are my friends?!" I ask frantically.

        "Always thinking of them. They gave you up, Whisp." 

        "Wh-What?! No! They'd never!" I tear up, knowing Doc has never lied to me unless we're testing. They couldn't have! "What'd you do to them?!" 

        "All it took was the maze. I ran them all through it once, then threatened to do it again. They sold you out for their freedom. Now we've got all the time in the world to test." I hear my heart rate monitor speed up drastically. I know it gives me away, but I try to stay strong anyways.

        "Jess, my name is Jess!" He raises his eyebrows.

        "Not here. Here, you're our Whisp of a person, a shell of one. Also, Ross cracked first. Just thought you should know." He opens the door, and I hear a click as it locks behind him. I sit there, contemplating escape. I can't believe that they sold me out! He must be lying! I don't blame Ross, he's timid, not really one to live through the maze the second time. I punch the heart monitor, breaking it. The beeping was annoying, and I needed to vent. Vent. Vent! The vents! I scan the room, finding a large grate. Yes! But, this is so obvious! This can't be that simple. I shuffle over to the vent, ignoring the pain. Locked, goddess damn it! There's a click sound, the gas is pouring into the chamber. I welcome it, maybe I'll sleep okay.

       Jin Pov.

        I can't believe we cracked. Jess will hate us! I hate myself! I jump into the lake, hoping it'll help me think. I need to save her. How? Goddess, what've we done?!