The Tests

Age 5  ??? Pov. 

 I felt the snakes on my head again. They hurt! Stupid doctor!

Age 9 

The wires stopped hurting at age seven. They still annoyed me. I couldn't think straight anymore. I wonder if I actually am crazy.

Age 12

"Sweetie?" That daft neurosurgeon asked. "I have more children, they aren't like you though. I'm going to test them if you don't do more tests." I froze. 

    Those tests are dangerous! I didn't want anyone else to be hurt. "I'll do the tests! I'll do it!" I said. I don't trust the doctor to not test them though. "Under the condition that I get to monitor them at all times! I want to make sure you don't test them anyways! With audio!" I was smart for a twelve year old. They taught me how to do advanced algebra, and history. Science was my least favorite because the mean doctors test me using it! I loved reading. I also learned not to trust people, and how to tell if they're lying. They taught me how to fight too! I was good at that! I beat the instructor once!

  The doctor looked at me, and smirked. "Smart girl! Very well, I'll get you all set up. Now follow me to the maze!" I hated that maze. They changed it often, and filled it with traps. If I stop running I get electrocuted! I followed any way...

Age 16

  I was watching Adam tick Max off by calling him mad on my monitor. They had been there for almost five years. It was like they were my friends, even though they didn't know I existed. The doctor had doubled the amount of tests I had to do every day to keep them safe. Shubble was talking with Ross, and Barney was singing about dirt, horribly? Jin was just trying to stop Max from getting to Adam, who was alternatively yelling, wheezy, and budder! I was the most sane I have ever been, thanks to them! The doctor walked in saying, "I'm testing one of them with you." 

I was angry as mad Max, "We had a deal! Don't hurt them!" He responded saying,

"I won't. The test is safe. There isn't any traps. Only you get to choose if they get hurt. Like the ones I gave to you when you were young." I calmed down a bit. 

"I want a mask. They don't need to know who I am." 

 "Deal!" The doctor replied.

I went back to watching the monitor after I was given a purple Velcro mask. I saw him drug their food, paralyzing them. Adam was yelling, " I can't feel my face!" I watched the doctor walk in and scan the room. They hadn't seen another person in five years, so they were shocked.

  "Let's see here. Hmm. Which one of you looks the most ready?" At that point no one could talk well enough to do anything but mumble. He looks over at Adam, Jin, and Max. He singles Jin out." Ah, you will be our first subject! You seem to have a similar construct as her! I wonder if that'll effect the results?" He grabs Jin by the arm, and nobody could stop him. Adam mumbled something that sounded like he was saying germ instead of Jin. After the doctor left the drugs started to wear off, and I could see them panic.

"Oh Irene, the Jin man was kidnapped!" 

"Will he be okay?!"

"Oh goddess, Jin!"

I was soon in a room with a button, and Jin was on the other side with a wall of glass separating us. I recognized this test. It was one I built in science class! I know what both the buttons do. They electrocute the other person. He has a note that tells him this. I know you are able to communicate through the glass. 

Jin Pov. Age 17 

  The girl on the other side of the glass was wearing a mask around the majority of her face. From what I could tell she had brown eyes, curves like hills, and I couldn't see her hair, it was in a hood. She looked at me with a friendliness that only my friends in my cell showed. I was confused. I find a note by a button, and I start to read,

   Dear specimen,

This button you have will shock the girl across the room, it causes severe pain, and spasms. Her button shocks you. She knows this. I want to see this play out. She is a complete wild card when it comes to emotional tests.

                                                                                                   Yours in curiosity, the doctor.

I was horrified. I had to shock her, otherwise I'd be shocked?! She taps the glass.

"Hello, Jin." I felt my eyes widen, she knew my name?

"How do you know my name?"

"I-It isn't important, just know I'm a friend!" She stutters. She doesn't seem to be lying. She looks at my button. "Shock me, I won't hold it against you."

"What? No!" I say, surprised.

"I'm not going to press the button, and I don't want to sit in this chamber forever, there are three stages." 

"Why won't you just press the button? I ask.

"You, and your friends have unwittingly helped me a few times." She says cryptically.

"If you promise to tell me your name I'll press it."

"I'll tell you a name, I'm not sure it's mine." As she says that I start to lower my hand onto the green button. She flinches then she looks unchanged. I notice she grit her teeth, and clenched her fists though.

  I felt horrible! "Huhh that wasn't as bad as it usually is." She moans a bit. I felt worse, knowing that she's done this before. I hear a robotic female voice,

  "Great job Whisp. How far are you willing to go to protect them though? Answer to proceed." The masked girl whispered to me, 

"Call me Whisp." She then answered the voice, "As far as Pi extends, seeing as it is infinite." The voice replies,

"Prove it in the next chamber." Then a door opens from the side of both rooms.

Whisp walks through her door, and I do the same. The next chamber is filled with saw blades on her side, and mine has an electric chair?! The voice starts up again, "Sit in the chair Jin, if you don't we can force you." I look at Whisp and she nods. I walk over, and as soon as I get in, the sawblades activate, and I'm trapped in the chair. 

   The voice is male now, "Whisp, sweetie, if you fail this boy dies. If you manage to get to the end he lives, but you get another minor shock. Do you want to stop?" 

  She seems to flinch at the voice, but she says, "I designed this, Doc. I know if I quit you'll kill him." I'm getting a bunch of surprises today, I thought bitterly.

  Whisp Pov.

  I wasn't worried about the sawblades, the next step is worse. I easily jumped from one to another. I did a few flips, and I only had one close call. I pressed the button at the end, shocking myself. I didn't feel it any more. Resistance against them I guess. It didn't feel as bad as the last one. Jin was released, and he looked awed. I was confused. Can't all people do that? Onto the last step.

  This chamber was designed to show me my worst fears. We entered a room that darkened upon entry. We started with Jin's fear. It was claustrophobia. He seemed terrified as the room shrunk. Why did I have to be so good at making tests?! I was shoved against a wall as we were in a very tight box. He was freaking out, trying to stop the wall from moving by wedging himself between the walls. I found a nail and I wedged it under the nearest wall, the box broke! "Thank you, so much!" Jin said, gratefully. Onto my fear, being rejected by the people I call friends.

  Jin Pov.

   Whisp was panicking even more than I was, and her fear hadn't even arrived. Then I saw Shelby, and man was I confused! Whisp started to sprint away from Shubbs, when she bumped into, Adam? He pushed her, saying "Watch where you're going, loser!" I felt irrational anger at him, even though I knew it was just a hologram. Why was this her fear? How did she know us?! She turned, running right into Max! 

  Max looks at her, and says, "You're creepy get away!" Whisp scrambles a bit when I catch up saying,

"It isn't them Whisp! They wouldn't do this." She nods in response, breaking the simulation. Suddenly I hear the male voice say,

"Good job Whisp, I'm sending you two to your cells now." Suddenly gas leaks from the room, and my vision tunnels.