The Maze

Shelby Pov.

    I can't feel much. I'm just running aimlessly in a maze with death traps. I turn a corner, and find a small mine under my feet. I sprint away, avoiding the worst of the explosion. It's been a full day since Doc took me here, and I've been running nonstop. He said that the exit would be at the center, so I was going into the thick of it. I miss Ros-everyone. I've been attached to some sort of earpiece, and scientists were asking me questions in my head. I tried not to answer a few times, but I got shocked. Eventually I hear a booming voice. Doc.

    "Specimen, you're close to the exit, but in there, you'll discover a surprise. Speaking of surprises, did I mention that Whisp built this maze?" She did?! I'm not angry, she couldn't have known this would happen. His next words proved me wrong. "She built it specifically for you, after a shock of course." I feel angry, and sympathetic. They shocked her? She built this for me? This dangerous? Wait. I'm close to the exit? I look around, and sure enough, I see a light on my left. I turn towards it, and see Ross standing there! I reach out to hug him, but he slaps me! I hold my cheek, surely he thought I was some one else?! He shouts at me,

    "I never will love you! You're a deluded, stupid, girl, who thinks she's the top of the world! You're a monster!" N-No this isn't him! It can't be! A voice speaks in my head. Doc again!

    "Oh, it is him! He just isn't himself! He's been drugged to make him angry at you. He won't remember this. He thinks you killed the group." He does?! 

    "I didn't hurt anybody! Ross, believe me!" I think I see his eyes flicker! He can fight this! I get a great idea. Use my mind manipulation powers! I speak in his head. 'Ross, this isn't you! You can fight the drugs! I believe in you!' I hear an answering voice.

    'Shelby! Is that you?! I'm trapped in my own mind! I don't know what's happening!'

    'Yes! Ross I'm here, try to fight it!" I see the Ross in the real world stop, and his body is shaking. He's talking to himself.

   "She killed everyone! No she didn't! She killed everybody, I saw it! She didn't, I'm you, and I didn't see it!" Eventually the real Ross wins, and I feel strong arms around me. After a lot of apologies from both of us, we exit the maze. Hand in hand.

    Whisp Pov. 

   My studies were right! They're missing again! Why?! Really, you guys can't stay out of trouble! I rush to my bag, grab it quickly, and hear something. "Oof!" I look around cautiously, and ask,

   "Who's there?" No answer. I decide I must've imagined it, when I feel some thing furry in my bag. I tentatively dump it out, and an adorable ball of fluff rolls to the ground! Dandy!