Chapter Seven

The next day I woke up to find that Audrey was already gone. I walked over to her bed where I had seen a note:

Went out on a date with Chad!

Oh and obviously no more brunch

with Ben's family. Toodles!

Kisses, A

Toodles. I scoffed. I was trying not to be so bitter, but I can't help it. There was a knock on the door, and I went over to it and opened it. It was Jane and Lonnie who greeted me on the other side.

"Good morning, Erin!" Lonnie greeted.

"Good morning you two! Come on in!" I moved aside so they could come in.

They walked inside and Jane took a seat on my bed, while Jane took a seat on my trunk at the foot of my bed.

"What do I owe the honor?" I said as I sat on my bed next to Lonnie.

"We need a few more last minute details determined for the homecoming dance!" Jane held up her clipboard.

"Sure! What do we still need to figure out?" I asked.

"Drinks, food, and the disco ball didn't arrive so we need a replacement," Lonnie chipped in.

"Um, let's go punch, water, soda for drinks. Snacks. Um, we had a cheese and cracker tray last time so let's do veggies and fruits this time. And lastly, let's replace the disco ball with fairy lights?" I suggested.

"Oh, that's a really good idea!" Jane writes all the ideas down on her clipboard.

"Thanks, Erin!" Lonnie said.

"You're welcome!" I smiled at them as they stood up and adjusted their dresses and smoothed out their hair.

Their hair.

"Hey, you two," I stopped them before they could leave.

"Yes?" Jane replied, them both turning back to me.

"You suppose Mal is still doing hair?" I asked.

"I don't know, you're looking for a change?" Jane asked.

"Your platinum braid is so iconic!" Lonnie added.

"I'm not sure," I shrugged, "Just curious. Bye, guys!"

"Bye!" They both said as they left.

I stared after them for a bit. I then left the room and made my way down to Evie and Mal's room. I took in the long blue and yellow hallway with the tall brown doors with the black metal accents. I approached their door and hesitated just outside of it. I knocked and then waited for an answer.

Nothing.

I sighed and then began to walk away when suddenly I heard the door creak open.

"Oh! Hello, Erin!" Evie answered the door.

"Uh, hi," I waved shyly.

"If you're here about Ben and I, save your breath!" I heard Mal shout from inside.

"No! That's not it! Uh, can I come in?" I asked.

"Sure!" Evie stood aside and let me in.

I walked in and looked. Their room looked like mine. Only theirs wasn't as deeply decorated. Audrey and I got the same dorm room every year, per request of Audrey, so we were able to really personalize it. Theirs, on the other hand, was just a normal dorm room like everyone else's. The walls were a subtle shade of pink and all the blinds were closed. They had a sewing machine on one side, which I could only assume belonged to Evie.