Chapter Four

As we arrived back at the school, we happened upon Ben, who was showing Jay and Carlos around.

"And out these back doors is where our Tourney field is!" Ben gestured to the grand back doors.

"Tourney?" Carlos asked.

"Yeah! It's a pretty fun game! You two interested in maybe trying out for the team?" Ben asked.

"Oh, I'm not really a . . . sports person," Carlos ran a hand through his hair.

"Oh, come on Carlos! It couldn't hurt, could it?" Jay slapped him on his back.

"Yeah! Tryouts are later today! We could go out now and start pra-" Ben started.

"Oh, Benny Boo!" Audrey squealed and waved. She waited purposefully until that moment, I just know it.

Ben turned, "Oh, hey girls! Where are Evie and Mal?"

Audrey hooked her arm in his, "Oh, um, they ran ahead of us. They must be in their room."

"Did dress shopping go well?" Ben asked.

"Yes, it did! They both found dresses that they really liked, and I bought them for them," I smoothed out my dress.

"Thank you, Erin! That was nice of you!" Ben smiled, "The boys and I were about to go out and practice some Tourney, you want to come out with us? Some cheerleaders could be fun to get moods up!"

"Sure! Let's go get changed-" I started.

"Actually, Benny Boo, we're kind of tired and I think we're going to go take a nap before actual tryouts," Audrey cut me off.

"Actually, I'm not that tired, Au-" I started again.

"We need our rest, Erin," Audrey looked at me.

"You know, Erin, you are an individual unit," Carlos spoke up.

Yeah! Rebel a little! Come on!" Jay nudged me.

"Um, excuse me, she doesn't need her head filled with ideas by you people," Audrey stepped in between us.

"You know, why not? A little rebellion couldn't hurt! Let me go change!" I ran upstairs and to my room, quickly throwing on my uniform and pulling my hair back. I then quickly changed in the blue and yellow gloves I use for cheering.

"Erin, what are you doing?" Audrey stood in the doorway.

"I'm not tired and I'm excited to practice cheer. Is that so wrong?" I looked at her, "I figured you'd jump on the opportunity to show off a little."

"But it would be showing off for Jay and Carlos," She folded her arms.

"And Ben," I pushed passed her and strutted towards the Tourney field.

When I arrived the boys were already suited up and learning the rules.

"Go, team!" I gave a high kick and then shook my pom poms.

They all turned and saw me.

"Erin! Hey! You made it!" Ben said as I bounced over to them.

"I figured you guys could use a little team spirit! Especially because I'm assuming you two have never played as a team before?" I looked at Carlos and Ben.

"I helped a friend steal some food once," Carlos slowly trailed off.

We all kind of just stared at him.

"Well, I mean I suppose that's kind of like this. With the whole working together thing," I tried to encourage.

He smiled, "Yeah!"