Chapter Three

Audrey and I walked into the large hall that was the dormitory. I looked up the long wooden staircase and sighed, "Do we have too?" I looked at Audrey.

"Unfortunately, yes," Audrey grabbed my hand, "If I have to, you have to!"

Audrey dragged me up the stairs, "Now, let's see. Benny Boo didn't actually tell me which room was theirs."

"Can we use that as an excuse on why we didn't take them? Because we couldn't find their room?" I asked.

"Oh please, you really think that's going to fly with Ben?" She looked at me.

"Right, it was a silly idea," I groaned.

Just then Audrey stopped dead in her tracks.

"What? What is it, Audrey?" I asked, looking at her concerned.

I don't know! I can't move!" She looked down at her feet, "Oh, that's why. Erin, you froze the hallway."

I looked down and, sure enough, there was ice bolting Audrey's feet to the floor and encircling us about four feet out all around.

I sighed and stabbed at it with my toe and watched the ice evaporate.

"Erin, breathe, it's ok! I can only assume powers are hard! And considering you and your mom are the only ones who have them, and your mom being away and unable to help you, it's gotta be rough. But I believe in you!" Audrey smiled.

"Thanks, Audrey," I smiled back.

We made our way down the hallway and reached the end where we heard what we could only assume was Mal's and Evie's voices coming from the other side of the door. Audrey straightened herself out and brushed down her dress. She then put on the biggest and most fake smile, which also looked totally real, and urged me to do the same. As I straightened myself out, she knocked. The voices inside got quiet. We heard shuffling and then the door opened. I looked at the face standing before me. Her hair was long and blue and flowed down over her shoulders. Her eyes were also very sparkly.

"Oh, hi! Um, Audrey and, um, uh," She was looking at me.

"Erin," I waved a little.

"Right! Erin," She smiled, "Can I help you?"

"Actually, we were wondering if you wanted us to escort you our favorite dress shop in town to get dresses for homecoming," Audrey was oddly bubbly. Well, odd to me, but I assumed everyone else thought it was normal.

"Homecoming?" Evie piped in happily.

"Dresses?" Mal came to the door, sounding less happy.

"Yes, this Friday is the first dance of the year and as Auradon's elite, Audrey being future queen to be and I as her right-hand lady, we never want to exclude anyone! Even if they're from the uh, not so wonderful parts of the kingdom. So, what do you say?" I put on my best future queen's best friend voice.

"How delightful. Stuck up princesses and princes in poofy, frilly dresses and ties. Sounds like my kind of party," Mal rolled her eyes.

"No, Mal! We TOTALLY have to go! Please?" Evie begged.

"How about this. If you can convince Jay and Carlos to go, I'll go, but only then," Mal looked up at her.

"Deal!" Evie squealed.

We stood there in silence for a few when Audrey finally cleared her throat. Evie and Mal looked over at us.

"Oh, right! Thanks for the offer but making dresses is kinda my thing," Evie smiled at us.