Immediately, Kip's body tenses, muscles once more appearing as if they are trying to pop right out of his body. Kip's gasp quickly turns into a deafening scream as his body begins shaking violently. Kagon has to hold Kip's right arm with all his might. The hero can only imagine how much trouble Qin is having restraining both legs.

From the corner of Kagon's eye, he sees Delia trying her best to soothe the poor lad. Kagon isn't sure how well it is working, but at least it's keeping Kip from slipping into unconsciousness.

As Daqa slowly moves his hand closer to the nape of Kip's neck --where the Shadow Stain ends-- Kip fights harder to be released from his agony. Kagon throws his whole body weight and strength into keeping the single arm he had been assigned tfrom being released. From the creases in Iglesias' brow and the quiet slew of Qin's curses, Kagon can tell that he isn't the only one struggling to keep the lad pinned to the slab of rock.

Kip wails like a dying beast pierced through with Kagon's blade, but worse. All the hero wants to do is cover his ears from the dreadful noise, but he knows that if he so much as shifts his hand that Kip will be able to fight loose.

Daqa's chanting becomes a great yell that rises even over Kip's agonized cries. One of Kip's legs become free and begins to kick wildly.

"Get it under control, Qin!" Iglesias yells. "Daqa can't have any distractions!"

Qin grunts, lunging forward to grab Kip's leg once more. Thankfully, Qin is able to latch onto the leg and hold both down before it is able to kick anyone.

Daqa's shouting chant picks up speed, so it now sounds to Kagon more like a flood of sound than actual words.

Sweat bubbles on Kagon's brow. Daqa must be close to finishing. Kagon looks at the Priest's hand in order to note his progress only to find that Daqa's hand is covering the last section of the Shadow Stain.

Daqa utters a string of fluid words, finishing his chant with a guttural shout.

The last of Kip's power from Gahenna lashes out in a ring of black energy that throws everyone near him to the side. Kagon falls hard on his back, head hitting the hard wood of the dais so hard that dots dance in front of his eyes.

Kagon blinks the spots out of his vision and sits up with a grunt. Once his vision focuses, he sees that Daqa was not flung back like everyone else. Instead, the Priest stands firmly in place with his hands now at Kip's sides. Daqa's arms stretch out, pushing the boy over the rock he lays on. Kip can only kick Daqa weakly, but it is not enough to stop the Priest.

Kagon's eyes narrow in confusion, his mind spinning strangely. Why is Daqa pushing him?

Realization comes slow to Kagon, but when it does, it causes his body to shoot into action.

Daqa's trying to sacrifice Kip into Gahenna!

Kagon gets to his feet, causing the whole world to spin around him. The hero stumbles forward. "We have a bargain, Daqa!" Kagon shouts.

"It doesn't matter, fool! My duty is to fulfill Gahenna's needs. That is what she created me to do, no matter the costs!" He yells, struggling to push Kip over the rock's edge with his weak arms.

Kagon shakes his head, finally ridding his vision of the spots that plagued it. Now less dizzy, he rushes towards the two just as Daqa manages to heave Kip over the slab of black rock and into the chasm below.