Chapter 33

Delia sighs in relief as she sinks into the steaming tub of water.  Her eyes close serenely as the water washes over her. The soothing water taking with it all of the stress and pressure that has wearied her for such a long time now.

After a few moments of pure bliss the scribe lathers her hands in sweet smelling soap and begins to wash her long thick mane of hair before washing her face and body.  Just to be sure that she gets every ounce of dirt and grime off of her, Delia washes herself three times before finally rinsing with clean water in the pitcher beside the tub.

Once the water begins to cool off,
Delia sighs and reluctantly leaves the tub. Then, wrapping  herself in the fluffy towel sitting on the shelf, she dries herself before completely collapsing on the soft bed just outside the bathroom.  She's never been somewhere so luxurious.

After a few moments, Delia can feel herself being pulled into sleep, so she quickly sits up and dresses in the clothes that were left for her.  Knowing that if she falls asleep, she'll never get back up.

After putting on the garment, Delia makes sure to belt the outfit with a piece of fabric. Because of its larger size, she can tell it is one of Azzbell's dresses, but is grateful nonetheless for the used clothing.  Besides, she and Azzbell are the same tall height --though Azzbell is somewhat taller.  It is only Delia's waistline that is smaller.  Despite that, Delia herself would never be considered thin or willowy like some other girls.  She wouldn't be considered extremely curvaceous and plump like Azzbell either.

The scribe looks down at herself suddenly self conscious by her train of thoughts.  Then, what am I?

Delia goes to stand in front of the full length mirror in the room to look at herself.  She knows underneath the dress she has a small strip of fat beneath her small chest and a fairly flat stomach, however her sides are a bit fatty, despite the weight she's lost along her and Kagon's journey. 

Delia brings up her skirt for a moment to inspect her legs.  She has wide womanly hips and shapely legs paired with feet bigger than most other girls.  She lets her skirt drop back to its original position and moves closer to the mirror to inspect her face.

Stormy grey eyes peer back at Delia from an oval shaped face as she analyzes herself. She has average sized pink lips, full rosy cheeks, and a pert nose framed by her coppery blond hair and bangs.

Delia lightly touches her fingers to the cool glass. Am I....attractive?

Suddenly, there is a knock on the door and the writer is startled from her thoughts.

"Uhh, come in." She says after composing herself.

The small maid, Mia, opens the door and peeks her head into the room. "Miss Delia, Missus Azzbell has asked me to tell you that dinner is ready." Mia says, with a friendly smile.

Missus??

"Alright, thank you." Delia says before slipping on some thin cloth shoes that were left for her and following the maid to the dining room.

Once she arrives, Delia seats herself beside Kagon who seems to be slightly upset.

On closer inspection, she understands why. At the head of the table sits Deon, but across the table there isn't just one person but two. Azzbell and an outwardly rough looking man with kind brown eyes. Not only that, but they're holding hands and sitting close together. That's when Delia sees a plain gold ring with a single yellow jewel on either of their left hands.

For some reason, Delia feels herself smile.

"Kagon, Delia, I'd like to introduce you to my husband, Gren. We just got married two weeks ago." Azzbell says, smiling joyfully at Gren.