Rain (Gonta Gokuhara x Shy!Reader)

This takes place with no killing game

You loved Gonta. Plain and simple. You thought he was the most amazing and sweet person out there. Yet, you were too afraid to confess.

The sad thing was, Gonta felt the same way. He loved you so much as well. He thought you were beautiful, smart and kind. He loved how shy you'd get. But, he was also too scared to tell you.

The two of you were outside in the woods, which was a bit away from the school, but was still walking distance. He was showing you all sorts of bugs and insects, giving a very detailed description of what they do, what kind they are, etc.

"This is a monarch butterfly." He whispered, trying not to frighten the bug or you. He knew you hated loud voices. "Beautiful, isn't it, Miss (y/n)?"

"It is." Both of you examined it on a leaf for a bit, before it gracefully flew over to you, landing on your shoulder. The two of you gasped. The butterfly sat for a solid ten seconds, then flew off.

"Gonta has never seen this happened before!" He exclaimed loudly as he watched it fly, startling you a bit. He looked at you. "Did Gonta speak to loud, my apologies, Miss (y/n)! Gentlemen should never scare their loved ones!" Your face went slightly pink.

"Loved ones?" You asked. This caused him to instantly become extremely flustered.

"Gonta m-means that you are close friend a-a-and Gonta cares for you..." He stammered, his face firetruck red. Your face went a couple shades darker.

"I understand." You said. "I feel the same way! I care a lot for you, too." You both stared at each other, lost in each others' eyes.

Suddenly, you felt a drop of rain. Gonta must have felt one as well because he looked up. Very quickly, rain began to pour down on the two of you.

"Oh no!" Gonta exclaimed. "We must go back now!" You nodded and started to walk with him.

A minute later, you were out in the open, which allowed more rain to pour on the two of you. You began to shiver, for you were only wearing a short sleeved shirt and jeans.

"You are cold." Gonta said. "Gonta gives you his jacket because a gentleman would give his jacket." You looked to see him begin to take off his brown jacket. As the rain poured, you could see his clearly muscular body against the white shirt he wore, making your face go red. 

"It's fine, Gonta." You said. "There's no need."

"Gonta insists!" He replied. "Gonta wouldn't be a gentleman if he didn't give (y/n) his jacket."

"Wouldn't it be not gentlemen-like if you did something I didn't want you to do?" You asked slyly. He stopped for a moment to think.

"Yes, it would, but sometimes Gonta must not act like a gentleman to be like a gentleman." He wrapped his very warm jacket around your shoulders.

"Thank you, very much." You said, overwhelmed by his kindness. The two of you walked to the school, where he held the door for you.

"Where would you like to go?" He asked.

"My dorm. I need to change." You replied.

"Gonta will come with you." Your face went bright red.

"Um, won't that be a bit intrusive?" You asked. "I'll be changing." Gonta's face went as red as yours.

"I know that." He replied. "Gonta meant that he would stand outside to make sure no one walks in on you."

"That's very kind, but you should get dressed, too." You insisted. "Then, you can come visit me."

"Gonta will." He nodded before heading to his dorm. You went to yours, where you changed out of your wet clothes and into a long, (favorite color or design) nightgown. You sat down and read for a bit, but put down your book.

I need to tell Gonta how I feel... I will when he gets here. You thought to yourself.

Someone knocked at your door. You got up and opened it to see Gonta, who stood there in a navy long sleeved shirt and gray sweatpants.

"Hello, Miss (y/n)." He gave a small smile.

"Come in." You said. "Please sit." He sat beside you on the bed. You took a deep breath. "Look, I need to tell you something."

"What is that, Miss (y/n)?" Gonta asked.

"Well, I-" A sudden boom of thunder made you stop mid-sentence and give a small scream. You absolutely, positively hated thunderstorms. (Sorry if you enjoy them lol)

"Miss (y/n)!" Gonta exclaimed as you dove under the covers. "Are you okay?" That's when he heard you start crying, something he'd never heard before. This made him extremely concerned.

"I... I don't like thunderstorms." You sniffled. The covers were pulled back slightly to reveal Gonta, who stared down at you with a worried look on his face.

He was about to say something when a bolt of lightning flickered in the room, quickly followed by an extremely loud clap of thunder sounded outside. You flew up and buried your face into his shoulder.

Gonta's face went as red as it could go. You sobbed into his shoulder, scared out of your wits by the storm. You then felt two strong arms wrap around your waist.

"It's okay, Miss (y/n)." Gonta's voice spoke above you. "Gonta will protect you." You felt his grip tighten slightly. "Gonta loves you." Your eyes shot wide open. You pulled away and stared at him.

"Did Gonta say something wrong?" He asked. You shook your head.

"I've been wanting to hear those words for so long." You whispered. With slight hesitation, you gently placed your lips on his.

Gonta had never had a kiss before. He wasn't sure how to react, other than putting his hands on your face. He didn't want any un-gentlemanly thoughts to cross him and have him touch you.

Slowly, you pulled away, looking him in the eye. He stared into yours, completely mesmerized by what had just happened and how beautiful your eyes were.

"I love you, too." You whispered, giving a soft smile.

"Gonta thinks you are absolutely beautiful when you smile." He replied, his hands still cupping your face. You threw your arms around his neck, holding onto him for dear life, as if the chances of him loving you could slip away if you let go.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Miss (y/n)?" He asked.

"Of course." You whispered. He returned the embrace, then laid down with you next to him. You put your head on his shoulder, his arm around your waist. Your arm went around his waist. The thunder made you jump.

"Don't be scared." Gonta whispered. "I'm here."

"I'm glad." You smiled, looking up at him.

"Gonta still loves your smile." He said as you snuggled into his shoulder. "Goodnight, my butterfly."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
GONTA IS SO CUTE I CANT EVEN

Also, I don't know DRV3 that well, so there might not be many chapters with those characters besides Gonta bc when I write these they make me feel happy

-Andi