"Great," I said, sarcastically.

"You and Say aren't gonna hook up on the first date, are you?" Jory asked.

I rolled my eyes. "If it did go there, that's none of your damn business and technically this isn't our first date."

"Either way, you better woo her," Danielle said. "Her feelings for you never went anywhere. Screw up and you're toast."

"Trust me," I said. "There is nothing that can go wrong tonight."

"Really? Nothing like being late?"

"What do you mean?"

"Sayora's already left to the restaurant," she said.

"What?!"

I looked at my wristwatch and saw that there was still about twenty minutes until eight.

"Why'd she leave so early?!"

"You know how Sayora is," Luke said. "Always has to be early for everything."

I cursed at myself. It was true. To her, on time was late.

"You don't think she's been waiting long do you?" I asked.

"Nah, she just left a few minutes ago," Danielle confirmed.

"Good, I gotta go guys."

"Wear protection!" Jory exclaimed before I rolled my eyes again, sighed, then hung up.

I stuffed the phone in my pocket, grabbed my keys from atop my dresser and started walking to my bedroom door when there suddenly was a knock on it.

My mother peeked through the already ajar door and smiled at me.

"Hi, mijo," she said.

"Hey, ma," I said. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to see you before your date," she said, stepping all the way in and observing my choice of clothing.

"You look nice. Nothing fancy, though," she commented.

"We're just going to Vinny's. No need to be all dressy," I said.

"I'm glad the two of you are going out again," she said. "You know what I always say, you two would make-"

"The best babies, I know mom. Not looking to be a father any time soon, though."

She looked relieved. "Oh, thank God. No need for a talk then."

My eyes widened. "Mom, I'm eighteen, I don't need the sex talk. It was bad enough when you and dad gave the lecture when I was in middle school."

"I know, but you're getting older and you may be more inclined to-"

"Okay," I said, "this conversation is over."

Apparently everyone thought Sayora and I would just be banging since we're trying to work things out, and I was so over it.