Our Shared Love Chapter Three

Please vote and comment!

Chapter Three

"Whatcha reading?" Anthony asked looking over Alyssa's shoulder. They still had about an hour before they arrived in San Francisco.

"Tell me which band the guys won't name." Alyssa counters.

"Can't tell, plus it wasn't my idea to keep it a secret. So what are you reading?" Anthony asked again.

"Not until you give me the name." Alyssa stayed strong while still staying focused on her book.

"Again, not my idea on keeping the name secret. So what are you reading?" Anthony almost begged.

"New Moon," Alyssa answered, not moving her eyes off the page.

"Didn't Rose and Lissa read and talk about that book for days?" Anthony asked, wondering why Alyssa was reading a chick story.

"Yes, they bugged me until I picked it up. I was planning on just skimming, but they said they were going to quiz me after." Alyssa mumbled in an annoyed voice. "I mean who writes about sparkly vampires that don't even have freaking fangs? That is so gay. At least the wolves are badass."

"Hmm, you are really reading it." Anthony mused. "Dude, you really are a chick!" He yells in happiness.

"If you ever scream that again, I will cut your dick off." Alyssa replies as she flips a page, Anthony just whimpers at the threat. "Good boy," she responds to the whimper.

Anthony curls around Alyssa while she bobbed her head to some music.

"Whatcha listening to?" Anthony asked they had gone in a full circle.

"Whatever songs Lissa and Rose synced into my iPod, so most likely some pop band." Alyssa answers as she flips a page in her book.

"Then why does it seem like you are enjoying the song." Anthony questioned.

"Because," Alyssa answered, trying to push Anthony's chatter out of her head. She just wanted to finish this story. As good as the writing was, the strange vampires irked her too much.

"Hmm," Anthony hummed as he grabbed Alyssa's iPod, checking the song. "What they fuck? Why are you listening to the Jonas Brothers?" He speculated as he read the name of the band.

"Like I said, blame Rose and Lissa for any weird music I'm listening to." Alyssa replied as she again flipped a page in her book.

"But you like the song, so I can't blame the two." He whined.

"Fuck off."

Brian looked out the window, watching the ever moving scenery. In his mind, he was reliving moments of Alyssa, but he would never admit it. He was the one to drive her away. He was the one to purposely betray the trust she put into him.

And he did it for a reason. He didn't care that others didn't get his reasoning, in his mind, it all made perfect sense.

He did really miss her.

The reason, oh the reason for it, it was one that maybe was a bit impulsive, but he did it for Alyssa. Everything back then was for Alyssa.

He knew that Alyssa wasn't the strong girl that everyone believed her. He knew how the popular girls that school got to her. He knew what she did to herself, cutting herself because of the pressure of dating him. She never admitted it, but she was so fragile. And she wouldn't have survived the pressure of dating him if the band ever went big.

So he let her go, drove her away. She would be safer because of it.

But of course, a spark inside of him would ask him a few questions.