Chapter 10: Calm Before the Storm.

[FULL UPDATE ADDED]

The girls have a short break from working. Dinah has been spending time with her family. Lauren is in Jamaica for her birthday, and Ally is home in San Antonio, Texas. Normani is back in LA to start working on some solo projects. The minute Normani landed, she wanted to see Dinah and make up for missing her birthday party at the roller-skating rink. Unfortunately, Dinah has been busy with her family and Normani is booked in the studio along with other events she already committed to. She also knows how important it is for them to spend as much time with family as possible, so she didn't want to pull Dinah away from hers.

The day after Dinah's party at the roller-skating rink, Dinah and her family are out for a big dinner. They are joined by her best friend, Bri, who is still in town. Dinah's party takes up several tables and are loud as per usual. With Dinah's mom being pregnant, Dinah steps up as the eldest child and sits Seth by her side while her mom, dad, and uncles sit at a different table. Regina and some of Dinah's other younger siblings make up another table, while Dinah, Bri, and Dinah's sisters who are a little more mature, make up another table. Dinah decides she wants to get on IG Live while she eats with her family and wait for more food to arrive.

"Happy Sunday, everyone!" Dinah shouts into her phone as she watches some of her comments on her live feed. While glancing, she notices that Normani is watching. "Hey, Manz!" she says gleefully.

Normani sends her text instantly.

"I'll text you back later, girl," Dinah laughs.

After a wonderful night of food and laughter with her family, Dinah gets home and can't wait to unwind. Before taking care of herself, she makes sure her siblings are getting ready for bed. She helps Seth brush his teeth and tucks him in.

"I want story!" Seth says as he yawns.

"A story? Which one?"

"Ninja Turtles!"

"Ninja Turtles for bed?"

"Yesh!"

"Yesh," she mocks.

Seth giggles. "Ninja Turtles! Ninja Turtles!"

"Okay, annoying!"

When Dinah finishes reading Seth his bedtime story, she checks on the rest of her siblings, peeking into each room to make sure they are sleeping. She pauses at her parents' room, and knocks softly. The door opens slightly and she catches a glimpse of her father rubbing her mother's back.

"Eww. Sorry, guys," Dinah giggles as she starts to close the door.

"Come here for a second, Dinah," Milika says.

Dinah walks in nervously. "Yeah, mom?"

Gordon is still rubbing her mother's back. Milika takes Dinah's hand. "I just wanna thank you for stepping up, today."

"Mom, you don't have to thank me for that."

"You work so hard already, and you still find time to be a great daughter and sister to your younger siblings. I'm just very proud of you."

"Aww! Thanks, mommy."

"That's it. Now get out. And don't be opening my door no more."

Dinah and Gordon laugh. "Good night, mommy," Dinah says.

"Good night," Milika replies.

"Good night, dad."

"Good night, baby," Gordon responds.

Dinah kisses her father on the cheek and leaves the room. She showers and brushes her teeth before crawling into bed. She runs her fingers through her hair and decides to finally text Normani back.

The Hidden World of NorminahOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara