Chapter 38

*Mia's point of view*
       I wake up in Zach's arms. I check the time and see it's 9 AM. I wiggle out of Zach's grasp and go downstairs. Corbyn is sitting on the couch. "Come on Corbitch! We're getting donuts", I exclaim. "This is bullying and I will not stand for it." Corbyn shakes his head. "But the donuts are waiting and you're just here standing!", I say. "Maybe I can let this slide", He says grabbing his keys. We get in the car.
       "How was your date?", Corbyn asks. "Zach screamed like a baby." "I have a suprise for you later", Corbyn informs. "Really?", I ask excitedly. "I think you're really going to love this", Corbyn chuckles. "Are you growing your own bean family in my back yard?", I ask with a goofy grin. "That's not a bad idea", Corbyn mumbles. "There could be an army of Corbeans!", I exclaim. "We can rule the world!", Corbyn shouts excitedly. "And give me free fries for life!" "We have planting to do!", Corbyn yells.
       "First stop Walmart!", I announce. Just our luck a Walmart comes into view. Corbyn parks the car and we dash to the gardening part of the store. "How can I help you?", A lady asks. "We're trying to build a family of Corbeans", I explain. "Corn and beans?", The lady asks. "No, we mean Corbeans", Corbyn says. "We don't have those", The lady informs shaking her head. "Where are the seeds?", I ask. She points to an isle. I drag Corbyn there. We look at the seeds. "You remind me of a sunflower", I say grabbing packets of sunflower seeds. "We shall build my arm of beans!", He shouts. We get weird looks from the people shopping around us. We find some random stuff we think we'll need to use to plant the sunflowers. Corbyn pays and we leave with bags of things we don't know how to use.
       "Next stop donuts!", I scream. "Mia, I'm right here. You didn't have to scream", Corbyn laughs. "But I wanted the aliens to hear me", I explain. "We don't want to let them feel left out", Corbyn says. "Exactly", I agree. "I can't wait to show you your suprise", Corbyn says. "Please tell me", I beg. Corbyn shakes his head. I pout but it does nothing. Corbyn till doesn't tell me. We pull up to Krispy Kremes. I become the Flash and run to the entrance. Corbyn follows closely behind me. We order donuts and leave. On the way to the house we scream out song lyrics.
       "Corbitch is now my favorite best friend", I announce walking into the house. Daniel and Jonah are the only ones awake. "I thought I was your favorite!", Daniel and Jonah say in unison. "You two used to be tied but Corbyn's my favorite best friend now", I shrug. Corbyn cheers and sets down the box of donuts. Daniel opens to his mouth most likely to complain so I shove a donut in his mouth. "First I'm not your favorite and now you don't feed me!", Jonah complains. I grab another donut and shove it in his mouth. I eat a donut as fast as I can mainly because Corbyn was rushing me.
       We go to the backyard and choose a place to start his army of beans. "Have you ever planted?", Corbyn asks. "In first grade I tried to raise a flower and miserably failed so I'm basically a pro." "I watered my mom's roses once so I think this will be easy." "Team Corbean army!", I shout. We each take a shovel and start to dig a hole. "You just threw dirt in my face while my mouth was open", Corbyn says with a disgusted look on his face. "Corbyn! You can't eat the dirt! That's where your army will grow. Don't be selfish!", I scold. "Sorry", Corbyn apologizes. We eventually finish digging which took us about 45 minutes because we're lazy and have no experience. We lay out the sunflowers seeds. "What do we do next?", Corbyn asks. "Throw dirt on them?", I say but it comes out more like a question.
       "What are you two doing?", Zach asks. I turn around and see him and Jack. "Building an army!", I chirp. "Duh", Corbyn says. "An army?", Daniel asks joining us. "Of Corbeans", I nod. "Am I the only one who knows not to question their weird ways?", Jonah asks. "It's not weird ways, it's a lifestyle", I correct. "I don't think you're doing it right", Zach laughs. "Of course we are", Corbyn says. "We're pros!", I assure. "You're also making a mess", Daniel adds. "We're not making a mess!", Corbyn argues. "We're making a master piece", I correct. Daniel sighs and goes back inside. Zach sits close to us on his phone. Jack and Jonah skateboard around the pool.
      "I think we're done!", I announce as I pour fertilizer on the dirt. "I think you did it wrong", Zach comments. "Hush Herron", I say. "We don't need your negativity around my army", Corbyn says. Zach chuckles and goes back to looking down at his phone. We get up and try get the dirt off of us but it doesn't do much.
      Daniel comes outside and turns on the hose."What are you doing?", I ask. "You two aren't going inside like that", Daniel says. "What's wrong with us?", Corbyn asks. "A lot of things", Jack answers. "True", I agree. I feel cold water hit my body. I shriek and run away from the water. I see Daniel spraying Corbyn with the hose. He soon chases me and corners me. He did manage to get the dirt off and also managed to get me shivering. "Can I go inside now?", Corbyn asks. Daniel let's us inside the house. I go upstairs to Zach's room and look for clothes to wear. I find some of my clothes and take a shower. When I'm done showering and dressed I go downstairs and sit on the floor.
       "Time for your suprise!", Corbyn yells. I run to the kitchen and see him grabbing the keys. "Really?", I ask excitedly. "Really", He confirms.

_________________________________________
Word count: 1028
I feel like Corbyn is underrated. I love him so so so much. I want there to be an army of Corbeans😂😂 Okay baiiiii