Chapter 54

*Mia's point of view*
       Zach promised to be here two hours ago. I've been waiting for him for two hours. He just isn't going to come. I sigh and grab my wallet and phone. If I got ready I might as well do something. I leave the house and start to walk around. I'm not really sure where I'm going because I don't live in this part of Texas. I just need something to distract me from the fact that Zach isn't coming. Maybe he just forgot or he got caught up with something.
        I see a cute coffee shop across the street. Since I have no clue where I'm going I might as well go in there. I walk inside and immediately get hit with the smell of coffee. I walk up the the cashier and order coffee and a cookie. I take a seat at a booth in the corner by the window. I used to like watching people walk by when I was younger. I'm not sure why but I always wondered what they were thinking. My thoughts vanish when my name gets called. I get up and get my coffee and cookie. I sit back down and wonder what Zach could possibly be doing to forget.
       Maybe he needs help. No, why don't you understand he forgot? He never leaves without his phone. He's not answering my texts. He's cheating. Zach isn't like other guys. He would never cheat on me. He says he loves me. That's what Matthew said and look at what happened. Matthew didn't care about others. He was selfish. Matthew hated me and loved me all at the same time. If Zach loved you he wouldn't have forgotten.
       "Are you crying?", Someone asks. I look up snapping out of my thought. "What?", I mumble confused. I wiped under my eyes. I was crying and I didn't even know it. "I guess I was", I mumble. The guy sits down. He looks like he's around my age.
       "I'm Brandon", He introduces himself. "I'm Mia", I introduce myself. "Yeah I've seen you in magazine covers", Brandon says. I raise my eyebrows at him. "That sounded creepy", Brandon chuckles. "It did", I agree with a small smile. "So why are you crying?", Brandon asks. "I don't think you want to hear my boy problems", I say. "I asked you first so I guess it means I'm hearing your boy problems", Brandon shrugs taking a sip of his iced coffee. "It's stupid", I mutter. "It was so stupid that it made you cry?", Brandon questions. "Now that you word it that way it makes me look stupid", I say with a small smile. "Looking stupid happens to be one of my talents so rant to me", Brandon chuckles.
       "I came here to meet my boyfriend's family and his ex recently came into the picture. He's says they're just friends but I don't think she understands that. She's such a rude person and I strongly dislike her. I mean I don't know if I can dislike her because I've known her for a day. My boyfriend was supposed to take me on a date at six but he never showed up", I explain running my hands through my hair. "Are you sure that's why you were crying?", Brandon asks. "I tend to over think things. I was thinking that maybe he doesn't even want to be with me and I started crying without noticing", I sigh. "Well Mia I've never been in your situation but maybe you should confront him. Check his texts. He might be hiding something on his phone", Brandon suggests. "As much as I would like to do that I'm not going to invade his privacy", I deny.
       "You seem like a nice person", Brandon mumbles. "So I've been told", I say. "Don't you think you're too nice? Every other girl would attack their boyfriend's phone." "Guess I'm just not every other girl", I shrug. "I could tell from a mile away", Brandon chuckles. I drink some of my coffee. It was starting to get cold. "Confront the girl and show her who she's messing with", Brandon says. "I can't do that. That's Zach's friend. If he likes her and breaks up with me then I guess it's who he prefers", I sigh wiping away the tears that started falling. "You wouldn't keep him from being happy would you?", Brandon asks. "That's the last thing I would do to anyone." "You seriously don't wonder if you're too nice? If you show him how nice you are he might take advantage", Brandon says. He has a point Mia. You're way too nice for your own good. He's going to break your heart like every lover does. I bury my face in my hands. I need to stop myself from thinking.
       "What about you Brandon? You look like you've been through some stuff." "Then your observation is correct. I'm currently hiding", Brandon says. "Are you a criminal?", I ask. "No", Brandon laughs. "Then why are you running?" "I like the feeling of freedom. I don't like being trapped. Have you ever felt the adrenaline of just running away?", Brandon explains. "Running away from what?", I question. "I don't think you'll be able to relate because you look like the happiest person in the world." "Don't say that. I've had my share of problems just like everyone else. I just choose to be happy instead", I explain. "I've never told anyone this so it's strange that I'm opening up to you." "Am I going to see you again?", I ask. "No and that's probably why I want to leave a piece here." "I'm all ears", I assure.
       "My parents are drug addicts. I've been in and out of the foster system since I was eight. That's eight years of living with total strangers. I've had enough and I really can't wait until I turn eighteen anymore. I'm just running from the states care and it feels amazing. It's the rush of excitement and it feels amazing to be running into freedom's arms", Brandon explains. "I'm not really sure what to say", I mumble. "I wouldn't know either so I don't blame you", Brandon shrugs. "Not everyone has the same life you do but I have a feeling you're going to be just fine on the run", I say with a reassuring smile. "I've got to go but it was nice meeting you. Remember that not everyone has the same heart as you so I wish you luck with you're boyfriend. You'll end up disappointed if you ignore the fact that he probably doesn't have a heart as big as yours", Brandon says before running out the door. I sigh and get up. I throw away my stuff and start my way to Zach's house. I have to say something or I'm going to end up hurting myself with all the thoughts that are rushing in my head. When Zach's house comes into view I see Zach sitting on the porch. I speed up my walking and approach Zach. He has tears running down his face.

_________________________________________
Word count: 1189
I can't wait for you guys to read the next chapter. I'm not sure if I'm updating again today. What do you guys think will happen? Thanks 100k reads!!! :)

Have great day!

G A B B I E is out !!! *Drops summer homework in trash can and sets it on fire*