☀︎Sixteen☀︎

✿ ◈ ✿
16/17

The room was silent, moonlight dancing through the navy sky as it bleeds through white  blinds.

Josh and Tyler lay in the double bed in the center of the room, snoring and subtly cuddling up closer to one another in their sleep.

The atmosphere was peaceful, until Tyler woke up with fluttering eyelashes and bleary eyes adjusting to the night.

His throat was scratchy and dry as he coughed and slowly detangled himself from Josh's embrace, slipping from beneath the covers.

His eyes had adjusted to the dark as he made his way downstairs and to the kitchen, getting chill bumps from the cool air caressing his over heated skin.

The refrigerator light was a harsh contrast to the darkness that had settled in the kitchen as Tyler opened the door and rummaged through it for a water bottle.

The young brunet twisted the cap off before taking a sip and then gulping it down as it eased his hoarse throat.

He closed the refrigerator door behind him before sputtering a bit when he finally pulled back from the water and quietly walked back upstairs.

Suddenly his stomach lurched as he grew weak in the knees and his vision seemed to be threatening to give out; the world seemed to be spinning too fast.

"Josh!"

He barely registered his own plea before hitting the hard steps and lying his head down on the carpet below him.

Within seconds he felt strong arms holding him close and the lights being turned on.

Josh and his mother stood before him with worried expressions and Josh held him to his chest and looked close to tears as he held his boy.

"What happened?"

Tyler could only whimper at his mothers voice before moving closer to Josh and mumbling "I dunno."

Everything was too loud, too bright, too harsh.

"Josh, ...can you take me back to bed?"

His voice was so small as he closed his eyes tightly to try to avoid the spinning and block out the light, but even with his eyes closed he felt like he was spinning on the Mary-go-round just like when he was a child.

"Josh please."

He was helpless as he pushed impossibly closer to Josh and cried quietly into his chest .

"We'll take him to the doctor first thing in the morning, but just get him to bed for now," Kelly faintly smiled reassuringly at Josh, who looked terrified.

"Okay," Josh mumbled as he slowly stood up with the limp, crying boy in his arms.

He hated to see his boy in pain.

"Let's get you to bed, Ty," Josh mumbled as he cradled the boy to his chest and carried him to his bedroom where he laid him down gently on the bed and cuddled up beside of him immediately.

"What's wrong, baby? What happened?"

Josh was crying, and Tyler wanted to cry harder. His head was pounding, his stomach felt like he'd just taken a punch to the gut, and he was fairly certain he was going to faint at some point if it keeps up.

"I don't know... I was fine and then I just..." Tyler trailed off as he rested his head upon Josh's chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.

"I don't like seeing you in pain," Josh whispered as he cried into Tyler's hair, trying to control his body shaking sobs.

"I'm going to be okay, Jishwa," Tyler weakly assured as he pressed a kiss to the boy's bare chest.

"Will ya' just hold me while I sleep?"

Josh smiled as tears kept falling from his cheeks, "I'll always hold you, Honey-Bee."

The night slowly enveloped the two again as sleep embraced them, and their love protected them.

✿ ◈ ✿
A/n

This is exactly what happened to me the other day, and I'm still waiting for the lab results to show what's wrong with me.

I love you, my lil' spookies💞

👽Stay • Alive💀

-becca🐝