Unborn

Madi:

I woke up to Bellamy moving his head at the foot of my cot. He had spent the whole night watching over me. I couldn't help but smile at how much he has already helped me since he got here. He really was as great as Clarke said.

Clarke. I quickly jump up as I remembered she was still unconscious from her surgery. She had been hit because of me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing she got severely injured because of me. I sneak out of the room making sure that Bellamy doesn't wake up, he needed some proper rest.

The hallway was dark, there was no sign of anyone. I turn to Clarke's door. A shock went through my body as I mentally prepared myself to see her. My hand still on the door handle as I closed my eyes and inhaled. As I begin to exhale and turn the handle to the door I feel a hand on top of my own.

I quickly open my eyes to see Bellamy smiling down at me. "Together."

I smile back as I repeat, "Together." We open the door together. I walked in first as Bellamy followed. Raven was asleep next to Clarke, who still seemed to be out of it. I checked her pulse as she laid there. It was well and strong. As I took my hand away from her neck her eyes began to flutter open.

A large weight came off my shoulders. "Madi? Are you okay?" I can't help but laugh. Even when Clarke almost dies I'm still her number one priority. "Is Bellamy okay? Where is everyone?" Her throat was sore as her voice cracked.

Bellamy stepped forward, he began stroking her hair. Their eyes were locked. Relief filled the room as he bent over to kiss Clarke's forehead. "I'm right here. Don't worry." Tears fell down Clarke's cheeks as she looked back and forth from Bellamy's face to mine. "How about you get some rest and we talk later?"

"Yeah, we just wanted to check on you, you gave us quite the scare." Raven was awake. Her eyes filled with happiness as she saw Clarke awake. Clarke moved her hand to Raven's giving her a nice squeeze.

"Thank you, Raven. Without you," Clarke croaked. Tears continued to pour down Clarke's face. I had never truly seen cry. She cried by herself, but never in front of me. It felt like my heart was growing heavier and heavier as I watched her cry.

"Don't. You saved us too many times for me to have just let you go." Raven's eyes filled with tears, but she held them in as she squeezed Clarke's hand back.

"Clarke, can I sleep with you?" I just needed to be with her. She may not be my real mother, but she was no less than a real mother to me. Almost losing her was too much to bear. Tears burned in my eyes, but I held them in.

"Of course. I'll go get some cots for us," Bellamy said resting his hand on my shoulder. My body relaxed as touched me. I turned around and hugged Bellamy burying my face into his stomach as tears rolled down my cheeks. He pulled me away so he could see my face. "Remember what I told you? We're not going anywhere." He pulled me in for another quick hug before leaving to get the cots, helping Raven out as he left.

"I'm glad you had Bellamy while I couldn't be there for you." A smile crossed Clarke's face, the kind of smile that touched her eyes. She grabbed my hand running her thumb across my knuckles.

"Bellamy is just as amazing as you said he was. They all are." I stared at her taking in every detail of her face. "With them, I feel like our family is complete."

Clarke just stared at me. Her eyes scanning my face. "We have a big family. We fight and we argue, but that's because we love each other and would do anything for each other." Her face relaxed. She looked away going into a deep thought. Whenever Clarke thought of her family she lost herself in her thoughts.