Ch. 43 Savagery is an Art

I strutted down the hall after getting done with my principal's lecture. After going on for 30 minutes about why students need to respect their teachers, he let me go. I look at the clock, as today was the day. I still had no dress, no plan, and most importantly no date.

I'm screwed.

I couldn't help but sigh as I open my locker. Not only was I later for class, but I also have to go to school after my outburst.

"You know you look really ugly when you think hard," Samantha said while leaning against the lockers. She was holding her journals and a textbook for AP Art History. She held up the hall pass before I could say anything. "I'm not a bad influence, I don't skip class."

"Right you just drink till you vomit because your a good influence. Silly me, how could I forget?" I retorted back. She punched my shoulder as I laughed while pulling out my binders.

"Please all I have to say is that I'm cramping really hard and the dinosaur will let me go. Anyways, how'd it go?" She asked. I shut my locker and gave her a look. "That bad huh?"

"Worse. He just kept repeating himself over and over again. Saying he won't allow the ethics of our school to hit rock bottom. It was horrible," I said as we begin to walk. "Plus I have no dress, no date, no plan. Samantha let me borrow your helicopter. Just this once. Please."

"That's my dad's favorite toy. He wouldn't even let me touch it. I'm his princess. Imagine how I would feel if he said yes to you. I would feel abandoned," she dramatized. I groan as we stand outside our next class. I pressed my head against the wall and gave her puppy eyes. She rolled hers back at me and flipped me off subtly as the bell rang. "Besides I thought you said Lucas would come us with a plan?"

"You want me to trust that impulsive, arrogant fucker?" I ask her back. She hit the back of my calf with her knee. "What?"

"I know your secrets out and all that, but still. Have some manners. We aren't savages," she warns.

"Maybe not that way," I heard her say. I turn my head over to see Lizzy standing there with her mini backpack swinging from her shoulder. "I'm not done being mad. But if you tell him," she points to my cousin, "to stop pestering me. You will have my 100% forgiveness."

"Why can't you see that I'm asking you to the dance," Kyle pouts.

"Kyle just go away. Jeez, Lizzy would probably want to bath in lava first before she says yes," I say bluntly. Lizzy's mouth turns into a quick smirk before disappearing again. Kyle shoots me a look and I nod for him to get lost. He shoves his hands in his pocket before walking off towards his class.

"You are now forgiven," she said while pulling out her phone. "So you need a dress? Cause I need a model."

She holds her phone up and Samantha grabs it. She gave Lizzy a thumbs up before handing the phone to me. On a mannequin. I smiled and looked back at her.

"Really? I know you've been working on the for months."

"Consider it a sponsorship," she winked. I hand her phone back to her and she nods. "I'll text Naomi to pick it up right now. What bout hair and makeup?"

"Jake's makeup artist said she'd do it as a favor for Jake," I say as we enter the classroom. It immediately got quiet and Samantha ran a hand through her hair.

"Ignore them, they're just jealous," she said while we took our seats. "Anyways, looks at Jake being responsible and stuff. Still can't believe Nono and him are dating."

"Don't even get me started..." I sighed.

~~~~
Short update. I had a longer one but it didn't save and I'm going to KMS :^) (if you don't get the :^) reference I'm going to cry)

Longer chapter will come out tomorrow that happens at the dance and exactly what Lucas is up to. I'll give you a hint, totally has to do with him being a badass.