Ch. 53 Fighting an Uphill Battle

Lucas and Jake immediately go off.
"What do you mean unfair?"
"They used it first!"
'This is some bullshit, Jake! Post about it on social media!"
"I'm already writing a shady post."
"You guys calm down!" I shout to them and midst bickering with I dont even know who. "What do you mean technicality points?"
"Well the game is one in the chamber," Erick says as he looks up the rule book on the computer. "But there is no rules about finding another gun to use. So I'm not sure what is happening. Luke, help?"
"I'm not sure what going on," Luke's voice says on the overlay of our room. "The game is on pause right now as well. Not officially they are going through the replay. Holy... they switch the gun on the replay."
"Can you show us?" Bailey asks as he plops down in front of the screen.
"How are you not upset? This is some- I can't even describe- THIS IS BULLSHIT!" I shout as Oliver puts his hand on my shoulder. He shakes his head before looking back at Bailey. I see it now, he's seething anger. Like the aura around him became darker.
Bailey was angry.
Beyond angry.
I guess his background raised him to play righteously and to play fair. So this must've set him off.
The replay shows on the screen and we watch what's happening. Instead of holding assault rifles they were holding dual pistols shooting up the building Oliver and Bailey were hiding. Oliver clenched his fist and leans over the couch next to Bailey. The game was also glitching out and lagging behind due to the in game edits.
"This also wasn't played live, the game trailed behind a full minute. I don't know what's happening, but this game was sabotaged. I'm going to look into the team and try figuring it out. They said they were taking a look into their system as to why it's super lagged behind and glitching. Their citing new software issues and bugs that still need to be worked out before they roll out the software for public use," Luke states as he pulls up another angel of the actual in game video. When the guns were dropped instead of picking them up, Oliver pulls out a rifle from the crate behind him and shoots the last player.
"How is that possible?" Jake states.
"Well since it's all electronic, they could just do a virtual simulation and what could've happened," Erick says.
"Jaz, you don't think that one guy has something to do with it?" Lucas asks.
"Nick? I mean he's an ass, but I don't think he would willingly cheat so stupidly. He has a big ego. Must be because he's a Klef" I say.
"Nick. Nicolas Klef?" Luke asks. "Is his father Richard Klef?"
"Yeah," I respond. His father is also a pain, what a self-entitled dean.
"His father is one of our biggest investors," Luke says.
"So we aren't playing against Nick, we're playing against Daddy's money," Lucas mumbles. "Just great."
"Not only that... but apparently his whole team are investors," he adds.
"Jake... is there anyway your money can buy us out of this?" Erick asks.
"Unfortunately I'm new money. They have mountains of investments that just outweigh my net-worth," he replied. "The only one who has the same backing and cold actually take them down would be..."
"That would be my parents, which by the way we are not on speaking terms," I inform them all. "Or any good terms."
"But you have Henry..." Jake reminds me. A lightbulb goes off in my head. If there was one person who hates cheating more than Bailey scathing the earth, it wold be Henry.
"Oh my god... I have Henry."