Chapter 13

"Jessica, do you mind if a friend stays the night?" I enquired. Even though i absolutely did not need her approval to call anyone over but just for courtesy's sake, you know?

Xs night was totally a blur for me because time trickled by so quickly and moreover i fell asleep in the club itself leaving Arjun to carry me back home.

Jessica gave me her usual blank look and continued digging into the porridge i just made.

I rolled my eyes knowing i just embarassed myself again by asking her something because she never really talked to me.

Within seconds my phone started ringing and i quickly put aside the apron i was wearing and ran into my room.

I had chosen to take the room in the ground floor itself and let Jessica take the one on the first floor, so that she could have the privacy she wanted and let me be at peace.

On reaching my room, i detached the charger from my phone and checkwd the caller ID. It was Abhay. A small smiled crept up my face at thought that these guys never forget to call me everyday.

"Wassup? Bro" i said picking up the call.

"Nothing much just doing the usual stuff, you know ?" and in the background i could hear faint screaming voices of Lily who was probably getting brutally bullied by Abhay.

"Ignoring that voice, how's everything with you baby sister?" i could imagine him smiling mischieviously after calling me 'baby sister' because he knew i hated it when someone called me a 'baby'.

"Stop smiling ass" i scolded and ended up smiling myself.

"Woah, someone's learning to curse."

"Ass isn't a curse word."

"It is unless i say it isn't" he joked.

"Yeah, right" i laughed.

"Nainnuuuu! Save me from this monster!" Lily yelled through the phone, making me laugh.

"Abhay leave that poor thing alone for sometime?" i shook my head laughing at my friends who could never stop fighting.

"Nopppppe. You're not here, Arjun's not here. Karry, Hia, Karan, Sayu, Neha, Shiru everyone are busy. I need someone to disturb at least"

"Awww. I wish i could just hug you right now. You're making me feel so home sick" i sighed. I actually felt home sick. I was dying to have food prepared by mum.

"Chal chod. Bata, what's up today ? " he tried changing the subject.

"Kuch nai. Arjun is coming over for dinner. Phir, we'll watch a movie or two maybe, if we feel like" i said.

"Is he staying over as well ?"

"Yep, maybe"

"Ohhhhh, don't break the bed" Abhay teased.

Immediately a blush crept up my cheeks. "Shut up" i whined at Abhay laughing his ass off.

"That arse didn't even tell us that he was going away to Boston. Achanak se bom gira diya ki (Suddenly he gave us the news that), he's also leaving. Kabir was really mad at him. That day they would have started a fight if Kiran wasn't there to stop them."

"Waise he came without any notice. I was surprised too. Accha ? Kabir is still mad or what ?" i asked.

"Yeah. Maybe. They're not talking. Is Arjun ko achanak MBA karni ki kyu sujh gayi (Why did Arjun think of taking up MBA so suddenly) ?" Abhay said.

"I don't know. Accha hi hain waise (It's good anyway)."

"Hmm. Chal bye. I gotta drop Lily home and then got lots of work to do."

"Okay. Take care." "And sun (listen)!"

"Yep say"

"Don't worry. Things will be fine. Hum saath nai hain to kya huwa (What if we're not together?). Nothing can change us. I promise i will talk to Arjun and tell him to resolve everything with Kabir."

"I know. I know that you'll make everything fine, its just that Arjun and Kabir are behaving so immatured. Anyway bye. I'll call you later."

"Bye Bhai. Take care"

"Chal. You too haan, take care."

I put my phone on the charger and sighed. I promised Bhai to talk to Arjun but how am i supposed to get things through his thick skull. He has always been so stubborn.

I just hope i don't mess things even more.

The door bell rand instantly pulling me out of my trance. I checked myself on the mirror once and after making sure that i looked half presentable, i went ahead to open the door before Jessica would pass any unwanted remarks.

The door opened to reveal my devilishly handsome and also troublesome boyfriend, Arjun.

"Hi" we both said at the same time and Arjun came ahead to press a quick kiss on my lips.

"Hi beautiful girlfriend" he grinned.

"Hi handsome boyfriend" i grinned back. "Come on in."

"I got something for you" he smiled cutely.

"And that is ?" i quirked an eyebrow.

He took out a brown bag from behind him and handed it to me. "What's this ?" i asked.

"Open it" he said grinning.

"Why does it smell like food ? Or more specifically Parantha ?" i doubted.

"Because it is" he laughed.

"What?" i looked at him amused, because which boyfriend brings his girlfriend paranthas on a date night? No one right?

"Where did you get it from?" i asked.

"The house i am staying at is owned by a punjabi couple. They were making paranthas for dinner and offfered me some so i decided to bring them down here since you were craving them so bad" he shrugged.

I looked at him for a brief second before bursting out in laughter. "Who brings parathas for his girlfriend ?" i continued laughing.

He narrowed his eyes at me and snatched the packet from me. "Fine. I am eating them. No problem" he said.

"Nooo. I didn't say, i didn't want them. Its just funny you know ?" i told him.

He rolled his eyes and walked further inside the house with me trailing behind him.

"Open your shoes at least ? You're going to make the house messy" i hollered.

"Okay okay Miss. Chill" he conceded.