Chapter 2

After taking a shower, I dressed into a pair of light blue denim jeans, and a white plain top. I combed my messy long hair and pulled it up into a high ponytail. I slipped into my white vans and skipped downstairs.

I found everyone sitting around the dining table and talking loudly, making my house sound like a fish market. But that, instead of annoying me, brought a smile in my face. You know I am not that much of a philosophical person but one thing I realize for sure that never complain of the people around you, even if they bother or annoy you because them annoying you is a sign that you have them. And you know that you are going to have them besides you, even if the whole world turns against you. As simple as that. These people make your life worth living.

A slap at the back of my head brought me back on earth. "Auh, yes?" I asked, not sure where to sit.

"Sit down idiot" Lily said from somewhere. I looked down to see her sitting in front of me, Arjun to her left and Shristi to her right.

She pulled me and me me sit next to Arjun. I flashed a quick smile at him before getting engrossed in whatever they were talking about.

Gradually we began eating. When I was half way through the food, Sayu doing her usual job, cracked a lame joke and got us all rolling in laughter.

My laugh came to an abrupt end with fingers getting intertwined with mine, underneath the table. I blinked rapidly before realizing who it was. I widened my eyes at him and he winked at me making a small blush creep up my cheeks.

We resumed eating and our fingers remained intertwined with each other. I would smile in between, knowing that Arjun was behaving so cheesy but I loved it.

"Why are you smiling?" Lily nudged me. I regained my serious composure and shook my head as if I didn't do anything.

"You're behaving all smiley smiley these days. Are you okay or have you officially lost it?" she whispered.

I rolled my eyes at her and said "I haven't officially lost anything. I am perfectly fine".

Arjun beside me stiffened a laugh and I gave him the glare. He's gonna be the death of me some day.

After lunch, everyone bid their goodbyes because most of them had to go university searching for our further studies.

"You're not going bro?" Kabir asked Arjun while giving me a last hug.

"Uh. No. I was thinking of going to departmental store. I need to buy something" and he lied. He was going to stay with me, but we still didn't get an appropriate time to tell them all about us so we decided to wait until the right time.

"I can drop you, in my bike?" he offered.

"No, I'll manage. I am going to take a walk. Need to loose the extra calories I consumed today" he said, rubbing his hands over his torso, giving me a quick wink. That made me laugh.

He's such a good liar.

After all left Arjun turned to me and sighed deeply. "Liar" I mocked him and stuck my tongue out at him.

"I am not a liar" he retorted.

"Liar, liar, liar. Arjun is a liar". I laughed.

"Okay fine, I am going" he got up to go but I hopped in front of him blocking his way.

He laughed and pinched both my cheeks saying "You are sooooo adorable".

I grinned. "You already told me that before a million times" I said.

"So?"

"So?"

"So?"

"So?"

"So?"

"So nothing" he ended.

I giggled and rolled over my couch, sitting or you could say practically lying.

Arjun laughed at me and shook his head dropping on the couch by my side. "You could have sat down like a normal person instead of rolling into it" he said.

I slapped his thigh and rested my head on it. He traced his thumb over my stomach making me squirm as his touch tickled me.

When he stopped and simply rested his large hand on my stomach, I looked at up at him and he was already looking at me.

I suddenly felt the urge to hug him so I got up from my position and hugged him without saying a word.

He wrapped his arms around my small back as well and we stayed like that.

"Hey, girlfriend" he whispered.

I laughed and replied "I am not your girlfriend".

"What? You are. You told me myself yesterday" he reasoned.

"No, I didn't" I broke the hug and looked at him.

"Yes you did"

"Noooo"

"Yes, I proposed you and you said yes"

"No, I don't remember you proposing me yesterday or any day" I narrowed my eyes.

"God! I swear I proposed you yesterday. You said yes as well"

"When? I don't remember"

"Remember when we went out to the parking lot and we were standing together?"

"Um... I remember that part, and I remember you wanting to ask me something but I don't know what. And if you remember? I was too drunk to remember anything?"

Arjun looked baffled and started chanting swear words. I pressed my palm against his mouth to shut him up.

"Mom is here" I mouthed. And that seemed to shut him up finally.

"And who the hell proposes in a parking lot?" I shook my head. This boy doesn't have a slightest bit of knowledge in romance.

"I do" he playfully said. "Yeah, right" I rolled my eyes and giggled.

"I'll make it up to you though. I promise" he said and I nodded.

"C'mere now!" he said and pulled me closer to him again. I sat in between his legs, my back pressed against his front. Silence over took us and I played with the ring on his finger.

I could literally feel him smile behind me and that made me smile as well.

A clearing of throat made us sprint away from each other instantly. I looked over to see mom smiling knowingly.

"I can go upstairs if you want me to Arjun" she said.

"Uh. N-no aunty it's fine" he stuttered and facepalmed and I sat their covering my face with my hands. I was so embarrassed.

Tell me, your mom running into you and your 'almost boyfriend' cuddling is not a very decent position to get caught in, isn't it?

After a while he said "I think I should get going. I'll come by at around 7 so that we can plan on what to do about our futures next" he said. I nodded and accompanied him till the door.

When mom was finally out of the view, he sighed and planted a peck on my lips, taking me by surprise.

He didn't say anything and winked at me before walking out.

That was literally our first lip kiss. Oh my God! He kissed me! Wait, he always does that but it was our first actual kiss. Oh damn! Couldn't it last a little longer?

When I broke away from my trance I could still see Arjun's silhouette walking away.