O N E

Jimins POV

MARCH 30

\HANLIM MULTI ART SCHOOL\

\SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA\

\8:20 AM\

Park Jimin, Height: 170 cm, weight 51 kg, age: 15;                                                                                    Likes: Dancing, singing, reading and writing. Diagnosed with carcinoma. 

I walked through the hallway, and held my books in one hand and oxygen tank in the other. I was just assigned a new locker, I turned a corner and started scanning the locker numbers.

675

676

677

678

I found my locker and put my books on top of the lockers and fumbled with the key to open it.

I heard the kid who used to own it died from Hanahaki, his soulmate was crying in class yesterday in history when his soulmate was brought up.

Then I felt something yank the cannula from behind my ears, and I gasped in pain. "I'm so sorry-I'll get it for you." the offender said, I leaned against the locker, I felt the loss immediately and my breathing became shallower.

"Here-" They passed me my cannula, and I looped it behind my ears and positioned it in its right place, and sighed in relief when I felt the familiar feeling of the plastic tube, helping me breathe. I looked at the boy who stepped on it, he was smiling widely as if he hadn't just stomped on my metaphorical second pair of lungs.

"I'm Kim Taehyung, whats your name?" He asked. "Jimin, Park Jimin." I said, and he grinned "Well Park Jimin do you have anyone to hang out with?" He asked, "No, most people don't want to be close to someone with terminal illness." I said, "Oh, but you can hang out with my friends, if you want." He said, "Yeah, I have to go now, see you, Kim Taehyung." I said, and grabbed my Literacy books and my laptop and clutched them to my chest while I walked down the hall to my first class of the day. 

Mrs. Jung ranted about the depth of When my name was keoko. I doodled on the edge of my page, "Park Jimin!" Mrs. Jung called out, I jerked my head up. "Yes Mrs, Jung?" I said, "What was your opinion on the novel?" she asked, leaning on her desk. "I thought it was good, the plot had a point to it, and the characters were well described and had different auras around them." I said, "good." She said and continued with the lesson.

We were released from out double lesson of English, and I walked to my locker, Taehyung leaned against it, and I stopped in my tracks, and walked to my locker, and shoved Taehyung aside, "hey! I haven't forgotten that you're hanging out with us!" Taehyung said "I need to put my books away." I mumbled, "Oh yeah, sorry." Taehyung averted his eyes to his toes.

"It's fine, I'm not used to doing anything besides read and listen to music at recess anyway." I said. "Well, come on, I don't want to miss out on the whole break!"' Taehyung said, and I grabbed the handle of my oxygen tank and rolled it along with me.

-519 words