Crap.

Feeling the heat rise in my cheeks, positive that I was now a deep crimson, I opened my mouth to speak and nothing but a stutter came out. "H-how is... how do you..." I couldn't finish, there was no point lying to him or pretending I didn't know what he was talking about, but I didn't know what to say to him. So much or my emotionless exterior.

The human - or what I thought was a human - sat, looking at me expectantly having just told me he knew my secret - our secret - and not only that he knew about it, but he was a part of it. What the hell was I supposed to say to that? Oh, hey Jude wanna hear my bark?

Before I could register what I was doing, I was standing up from the couch, yanking my hand out of his and walking towards the door. I had to get out, everything felt as if it was closing in on me and my wolf needed to feel a release. "Harper, wait!" Jude called behind me.

Suddenly a large hand gripped my upper arm preventing me from going any further. "No!" I yelled. "Get off me Jude." I pressed the palm of my hand against his chest trying to push him away from me, but it was no use.

"Come on, don't leave it like this." He pleaded. "Let me explain."

No, I didn't want to hear it. "Just let me go!" I twisted my arm out of his hold, but he quickly grabbed on to my waist, holding me in place. Why couldn't this guy just leave it? I thought as I pounded my hands against his strong chest.

Jude on the other hand was the definition of calm. Throughout my pushing and shoving he hadn't moved an inch; he didn't even look as if he felt it. "What is wrong with you?!" I screamed, continuing to aim my punches at his chest. My anger was getting worse, my whole body shook with a temper flare I had never experienced and my wolf was becoming harder to control, I could feel the fur beginning to spout on the back of my neck.

Before I knew what had happened, Jude's lips crashed against mine, shocking me to the pit of my stomach.

Warm, soft and slightly moist lips pressed against my trembling ones. Hotness burst through every inch of me, rocking my body into a tornado of lust and need for the guy in front of me and it hadn't slipped my attention that the kiss had left my wolf completely frozen. His hands tightened around my hips as he pressed his body closer to mine, letting me feel every inch of his amazingly toned figure.

It wasn't a kiss that lasted long - nothing more than a peck - but it had my heart working overtime. Jude pulled his head back; keeping his hand secured on my waist, and met my gaze with two, dark grey pools that mirrored the lust I was feeling.

The coldness that filled the empty air around me pulled me back to the present, every emotion I felt coming back with it. "What are you?" I whispered, still trying to control my breathing and accelerated heart beat. I wasn't expecting an actual answer to my question, but I got one. One that had my eyes practically bulge out of my head.

"Exactly what you are."

Jude's POV

"Exactly what you are." I answered as my eyes took in every inch of her face. I had no idea what was going on inside her mind, though that wasn't exactly surprising. Harper was the only girl I couldn't read. I never knew what she was thinking or what she was going to say next like I could with every other girl I had met.

No, Harper was special and I knew that from the moment I laid eyes on her on my first day of school.

There was a lingering heat on my lips and my body was still buzzing from the excitement of kissing her, not to mention the raw lust that pulsed through my veins. There was no doubt about it; the girl that stood in front of me was definitely something different.