Chapter Five - Mason's POV

Hello all of you lovely people!

Chapter Five

Mason's POV

Cassidy turned to Scott. "Is six ok?" She brushed her light blond hair behind her ear and gave him a small smile as a slight blush crept on to her face. Why these two weren't together was beyond me.

"Yup." He replied taking a swing of his water. He must be the only person to not realize how much she liked him. Freaking idiot. I laughed along with the other guys at the lunch table; he seriously was the only one who couldn't see it. Even Beth knew Cassidy had a thing for him and she was the last one to catch on to anything.

"Mason, what time should we get there?" Anna asked, her slender fingers brushing my arm. Instinctively my hands ran further up her thighs.

Anna's sweet lips made their way up my neck, peppering kisses as her tongue left a trail of tickling heat. The 'little Mason' inside my pants could feel her effect, despite my wolf growling against her touch.

I tried to figure out my answer whilst I fought to ignore the bulge in my jeans. My parents told me they would be making their way to the airport at four, which left Jake, Cole and I to set everything up for the party. "About seven, maybe eig-" I was cut off by a scent that caused tingles to run through my body. I took a deep breath wanting to inhale more of whatever it was. "Can you guys smell that?" They all gave me confused looks, shaking their heads. It was an intoxicating, heavenly smell that could only belong to one person.

I remembered enough of my parent's stories to know what a scent like that meant.

When you catch her scent your world spins slower, but your heart beats faster.

That's what my dad told me and he was right.

As soon as that beautiful, mind blowing scent filled my nose everyone and everything around me vanished.

Vanilla and roses.

I stood up, the need to know where that scent came from over powering me. Anna fell off my lap and onto the floor with a heavy thud. Her calls for help were only a backdrop in my mind.

It was her. It was my mate.

I searched the cafeteria for her, but no one was looking at me. Maybe I caught her scent when she passed? No, that was impossible; it was too strong for her to be far away. She had to be here. My wolf yipped at the thought of being with his mate, and in all honesty at that moment, so did I.

I could feel the smug grin creep onto my face, knowing she would be everything I had imagined. My eyes traveled across the room, across each face until it landed on hers.

Wow.

Her long brown hair was tousled in a hot, just-had-sex kind of way and her huge, sparkling eyes stared at me. She felt it too. She knew I was her mate.

My wolf would have howled with joy if I hadn't pushed him back. Her creamy skin looked delicate and I couldn't help but wish I was running my tongue over it at that very moment. Her small frame almost screamed that she needed protection. Protection that I could and would give her.

My mate was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen.

My mate was... Rainie Harper

A sudden coldness rolled over my body as I digested that fact.

Rainie Harper.
The school nerd with a total of 4 loser friends.

I felt nausea take over me as my eyes narrowed in her direction. Hell no! There is no way that is my mate. It's just not possible. My mate should be strong and brave, she should be someone would could lead a pack at all cost. She shouldn't be someone who hunched over and wormed through the crowd like the nobody Rainie is.