Chapter Fourteen

Love, hugs and yellow skittles

Chapter Fourteen

"Black or red?" Bella asked, holding both dresses against her body. The black dress was short and flared with a figure hugging waist and cross over straps; the red was just above the knee, 3/4 sleeves with a heart shaped neckline.

"Red." Emma and I said together. Bella didn't have much of a tan, so the red would have looked perfect on her. Emma had chosen a green knee length dress with a plunging neck line and off the shoulder sleeves, teamed with silver heels whilst I still hadn't found anything I liked and was seriously considering turning up in jeans and a t-shirt.

"You're up next Rainie." Emma pushed me towards the next store. I groaned, why people got so dressed up for a house party was beyond me. "I'm thinking black or..."she trailed off, her eyes darting to every square inch of the shop floor in search of my dress.

"Purple." Bella added. "You could definitely pull off purple." I didn't care what color my dress was, I just wanted to pick something I could look half decent in.

Internally cursing I took a seat whilst Bella went to find every different style of purple dress that was available in the store.

"So that's all he said?" Emma asked as she pulled out a white, floor length dress from the rack.

Jude didn't say anything else after that, whenever it came even close to talking about himself he would change the subject, he didn't want to get into it so I never pushed him. Though that doesn't mean I won't later on. I knew he wasn't telling me the whole story, but it would only be a matter of time before I found it out. "Yup."

Her features twisted in confusion before she shook her head and turned her attention back towards the line of clothes. "It's a little strange he's living at the Harbor house. I mean, why didn't anyone say anything about it?"

I understood where she was coming from. I wondered the exact same thing. "I have no idea." I admitted. "There's definitely more going on between him and Mason though, I know it."

"I don't know Rainie," She said whilst taking the seat next to mine and setting the bags to the side of her so they rested against the chair leg. "It could be true and it wouldn't be the first time. Remember Amber and Louise?" I nodded.

Amber Barnwell and Louise Kensington were two girls from our school; they were best friends from kinder garden, but Amber stole Louise's doll and ripped the arms off before painting it green. They never spoke after that and still don't. "Well that was stupid, but they still don't like each other because they're two complete opposites now."

Okay, so she had a point. Jude said they were just two different people and maybe he was right.

He was lying. My wolf stated confidently with the hint of disgust on her tongue. She wasn't a fan of Jude - not that she had been much of one anyway - since the kiss. She was angry that I let someone other than my mate touch me. I can't say I was too pleased about it either; after all he only did it so I would stop moving, not because he actually wanted to kiss me, the idiot.

As stupid and hopelessly romantic as it sounds, I held the tiniest amount of hope that he did like me. That was until he stuck a pin in my balloon and told me the real reason why he did it.

"Rainie?" Emma's voice broke through my thoughts. "Did you hear anything I just said?" She asked while trying to hold back laughter. "You really are a daydreamer." I playfully scowled and pushed her away, trying to keep the smile off my face. "Anyway, I think Jude was telling you the truth, we both know the nice guy and the jerk never get on, it's as simple as that." She shrugged.