(3) Demi - Thoughts

(3) Demi - Thoughts

Everyone stares. Because I was her best friend. I want to scream out loud and tell them, "She's not gone! She never will be!" but I just keep my head down.

The teachers are worse, maybe. Some don't know what to do with themselves. Some act like nothing ever happened, which irritates me. Then there are those who just stare, and when you look up at them they ask if I'm okay. Miss Heartwell even asked if I ever needed to talk, come to her. She's that close from getting me a counsellor.

After reading those entries of Kelsea's yesterday I can see the teeny tiny events starting to form. The ones that made everything crash down.

Lucy. Me with the twins. Her mother. Her grandmother.

And I remember how talking to Kelsea was in those couple of months before she disappeared was like stepping through a mine field.

Kelsea's life was always so explosive.

But I don't know why she had to include Kale Atticus in her entry. The guy's an absolute idiot. I feel like skipping right to the end of that diary and seeing what happened at the end.

The reasons why.

It would explain a lot.

But I have to read it like I read all my other books. From beginning to end. Otherwise, I won't understand.

I want to carry the diary round with me everywhere. I could read it like a book casually, on the train, at the park, in Math's class. It's like, when I have the diary, Kelsea is closer. She's still here.

But I know that people will ask me what I'm doing.

Why I'm reading a notebook like that.

Everyone watches me now. I've gone from hiding in Kelsea's shadow to everyone always watching. I cant escape. And again, Kelsea has determined my school status. Funny how she's not here, but it's all because of her.