Chapter 43: Undo

Začít od začátku

Their small fight had drawn attention, however. More Kraang were marching towards them, laser guns at the ready. For some reason, they weren't shooting, but the girls thought nothing of it as they rushed to destroy the conputer.

"Where's the off switch?!" Kayla cried.

"We have to delete whatever program is controlling everyone!" Kenzie ordered, fingers a blur in her wild attempt to find the file.

"Just stab it!" Sarah scowled, raising her weapon. Before she could do so, she was flung to the side, sword clattering to the floor. Kenzie jumped out of the way of a fist just in time, raising her own to fight, but faltered when she realized who it was.

Leonardo stood over her, his sword at her throat and his face blank. Kenzie took in a shaky breath before bringing her knee to his stomach. He cowered back for a split second, but it was enough for Kenzie to escape. Glancing around, she realized her friends were in similar situations.

Kayla was battling against Abby, doing her best not to hurt the female turtle. Abby was ruthlessly attacking in her ninja-mode, any concern for Kayla's safety erased with her self-control thanks to the MGE. Sarah was up against Raph, and was fairing slightly better than Kayla, but it was obvious she was going to loose.

Kenzie dodged another attack from Leo, scanning the room for any exits. As her gaze landed on the hallway door, her heart dropped; it was about to get much, much, worse.

Entering from the hall was a large group of MGE-controlled beings. Mikey, Donnie, Dalilah, Sam, and Splinter were about to attack. Behind them, Kenzie noticed that the locked cells from earlier were open, and when she saw who was walking with her mind-controlled friends, she wanted to cry in joy and sadness at the same time.

There stood all of the girls' parents, eyes devoid of emotion and prepared to fight their own children. In the moment Kenzie stood staring at her parents, Leo kicked her and sent her flying into a wall. Kenzie groaned, shrieking as she struggled to stand. Her ribs would suffer from that kick, but that was what she was yelling about. Among the group of MGE victims was the Shredder, and though his eyes lacked the hatred they usually held, he was as dangerous as when he was in control of himself. If they had any chance of winning the fight, Kenzie knew what she had to do.

Sarah and Kayla noticed the second Kenzie started transforming. They pushed away their opponents simultaneously, running to Kenzie's side in an attempt to form an organized fighting group. As their friend's skin grew fur and she hunched over onto all fours, the entire mob of mind-controlled people, mutant and human alike, attacked.

Kenzie The Bear roared indignantly, swatting at Donatello when he tried to jump at her. She easily pawed him into the wall, knocking him unconscious. Sarah and Kayla winced, but knew they had to focus on their own attackers. Donatello would be fine, hopefully.

"Lead them over to the computer!" Sarah suddenly called to Kenzie and Kayla, an idea forming. The three of them wouldn't be able to simply smash the computer to pieces, even with Kenzie in bear form; it was way to big. However, there were seventeen others who could easily destroy it, especially when their attacks were meant to destroy people, not important machines. It also helped that they were mind-controlled and weren't able to realize they were being tricked.

Sarah danced out of the way of an attack from Splinter, but he was ready with another swing of his staff in an instant. It landed right on the side of Sarah's head, but she managed to stay standing. Splinter advanced slowly, as if waiting to see if she was still able to fight. As Sarah stumbled towards the computer, he darted towards her with his staff outstretched. Raphael leapt right in Sarah's path, and she barely had time to formulate a plan. Ducking and sliding under Raph just as she was about to run into him, she successfully tricked Splinter into hitting the red-masked turtle instead. He fell to the ground in pain, and Sarah felt guilt bubble in her chest. She would apologize once they weren't trying to kill her.