Chapter 12: Learning a New Power

Cleo's P.O.V

I don't know what surprised me more, the fact that Zane went to Mako island, or that he brought Rikki to his house. Either way I'm almost sure that I sprinted out of my house fast enough to make the picture frams on the walls move.

I got this surprising message through the link. Rikki somehow got hurt and Zane had her stay over at his house for the night. Her injury is preventing her from leaving his house, so Chaud told us to come because she was being too stubborn. None of us even know how she managed to hurt herself but we need to get her out of that house.

Making sure no one was around, I dived into the ocean, my mermaid tail appearing once I was in the water and I willed it. Considering we just evolved yesterday, I almost crashed into shore from the mere speed I was swimming at, and once I managed to slow down, I turned myself back human once I made sure no one was around.

"Emma, Bella, where are you girls? I'm at Zane's already." I say in the link, lightly jogging towards Zane's front door.

"What do you mean you're at Zane's house? Cleo, what are you and the girls doing going to Zane's house?" Rikki asks, almost making me stop mid-step.

"Rikki, don't get mad, but Chaud linked us and told us about your situation." Bella slowly replied, just as I see her turn a corner. I wave at her, motioning towards the direction of Zane's house.

"Seriously Chaud, I could of handled it!" Rikki mutters, annoyance clear in her tone.

"You were being stubborn. You need the girls to help you heal or else you would be stuck here until your magic replenishes." Chaud explains to her, her sassyness coming out.

"Rikki, why wouldn't you tell us." Emma asks, sounding a bit sad. Bella and I finally at the front of Zane's house. Emma is already at the front steps, knocking on the door and pressing the doorbell. We quickly go beside her, all of us waiting for Zane to open the door.

"I almost killed him. That's why. Our powers, their so strong now and are influenced by emotion. And seeing him angered me so much, I almost boiled him alive." Rikki almost whispers in our heads, and we all look at each other with shock.

"We have new powers? But we tried to find out about them yesterday at Cleo's-" Bella asks confused, though the large door in front of us opening stops her thought process.

Zane leans against the door frame once the door is open enough, blocking us from just barging in. He looks surprised to see Emma, though doesn't comment on it and crosses his arms above his chest. "Hi girls. Anything I could help you with?"

"Yeah, you could let us in so we can go help Rikki." I tell him, crossing my own arms above my chest.

"Cleo, we don't know how we're going to help her." Emma comments, though I ignore it for now. We just need to get inside.

"What do you mean help Rikki? I thought she was fine on her own." He tells us, opening the door wider and motions us in. Before we even have a chance to take a step into his house, a loud hiss behind us makes us girls move out of the way and Zane groan and throw his head back. "Not you again!"

Chaud, in all of her glory, is a huge lizard. By the way Zane reacted, I'm going to guess they met in this form. "Hello girls. Just making a dramatic entrance, don't mind me." She easily tells us, walking by. Once she gets to Zane, she hisses louder and snips at his leg, making him jump back. We all giggle, though once again are interrupted.