CHAPTER 8: Meeting Them

Third P.O.V

The group of bewildered friends walked slowly into the house once again and scurry up the stairs to Cleo's room, firmly shutting the door and gathering on the small bed and sit in dead silence. None of them broke it, not for a while, until Emma hacked into the other girls heads and started a conversation. "Well, we now have some new mystical pets that are somehow connected to our mystical world and want to meet up at our mystical place."

"I know, right? It's like a really long dream that none of us can nor want to leave." Cleo says, starting to pick at some fabric that was loose on her pants, looking at all the girls with a dreamy gaze.

"I'm just happy I got a dragon, while you guys have normal looking animals." Rikki smugly states, looking at the small group of mers with a knowing look and a smug smirk. Bella cracks a grin at her, then joins the silent conversation.

"I have a hawk. Hawk! Those need to be trained! And I'm sure that yours looks cool, but ares blend with society a heck of a lot better." Bella defends her pet, crossing her arms over her chest and pouting. Will looks at all of them in confusion as they get into deeper conversation, starting to say things about their animal that the others don't have, using hand motions and facial expressions to prove their points.

"Girls, what is going on?!" Will asks aloud, snapping his fingers in the middle of the mers huddle and getting their attention.

"Oh ya, we haven't told you about our link." Bella giggles out, the other girls remembering that they in fact haven't explained there new found 'telephone' in some words. He gives another confused glance at the mers before stuttering out a;

"What?" All the girls look to Emma to explain, considering that she is the best at telling people what is going on. She roles her eyes, but leans in and explains anyway.

"Well, when we were at the moon pool earlier, and found out about the new looks and stuff, we accidentally connected our minds to each other and named it a 'mind link'."

"Wow, that's cool." Will mutters amazed, looking at the girls for the second time today in awe.

"Wait, aren't we supposed to meet the animals at the pool?" Bella asks, tilting her head to the side slightly. The girls nods mutely, realization hitting them like a wave.

"We can go there from the beach?" Rikki suggests, starting to get up from the bed, the rest of them starting to follow her league. "Will, swimming with us or taking a boat?" She asks, facing him with a questionable gaze.

"You know what, you girls go. I have to get back home anyway and make this," Will starts, fishing into his pocket and grabbing the blue crystal, "into a necklace for Emma." He smiles at her, putting it back into his pocket and walking out the door with the mers, now all of them making small talk until they part ways.

The girls go to Lewis' fishing spot, checking around before they start to run into the water, diving once waist deep, and wait for the bubbles to come, but instead they get wet clothes. They look at each other in confusion and slight horror, having them able to still hold their breaths but not able to breath. "What the heck is going on?!" Rikki yells into all their heads, panic leaking in her voice.

"Don't ask us! Maybe it's part of our new abilities?" Cleo asks, looking at all the girls as they start to swim towards Mako, struggling slightly from the amount of time since they swam with all four limbs.

"Just think of your tails, and they will come." They all hear in their heads from their animals, doing as told and soon seeing their secondary lower half, relief flooding their systems. They thank their animals before speeding off to the 'cursed' island, seeking answers for their powers.

The mers get there in record time, still holding their breaths because of the not-used-to-gills, and surface the pool, looking around and seeing four animals, one familiar, the others different.

Rikki's dragon is still there, but beside it there is royal blue, ice blue, and dark purple dragons , all patiently waiting for them. The girls jaws drop open, water almost entering their mouths, as they eye the animals. "I think their shape shifters..." Bella whispers aloud, her jaw closing and pulling herself onto the ledge, the girls following suite.

"Yes, we are Bella. This is our original form, and we are summoned for your service, and to help you with your new abilities and the ones to come." Cleo's dragon tells all of them through the link, nodding to Bella. The girls nod to the creatures as well, lifting their tails onto the sand. Rikki goes to dry her tail, so after she can do the others, when her dragon invades her head.

"Rikki, you no longer have to dry your tail, or the others. Remember how you got your tails earlier? Well, it works both ways. Just think of your legs." Rikki nods, looking to the other girls, seeing them nod as well. They all do as told, seeing themselves turn to water then looking down at themselves, dry, with legs.

"So, would you guys like to explain to us what is happening?"

A/N

Hey! Sorry for the long update but my mom decided to keep my iPad in her room for almost a month with me barley having any access. So! What do you guys think?

Now, I am going to hold a contest because I want to see what you guys can come up with. The contest is a 'Book Cover Contest' and my dead line is a week after my next update. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Christina!!!!!!