Chapter 9: The Help

Hello people (does small wave and starts to whistle awkwardly). So! The first new chapter of this book is here! Surprising, right? Before anything, I strongly suggest that you re-read the past chapters if you have been waiting forever for this update, just so you can understand what is exactly happening.

Anyway, a better A/N will be at the end of the chapter, so enjoy this long awaited chapter!

Emma's P.O.V

The dragons nod at each other, before facing us. "First, you need to understand that we are a form of a spirit animal. Mermaids barley evolve the way you do, the last person to do so was Eva." My dragon tells us.

"For pods, we are considered dangerous, because they don't know what we are. We are considered outcasts, mainly for the fact that we can shift into different animals, as long as they are somehow connected to the four stages of water." Bella's dragon explains, before shifting quickly from dragon, to owl, and back to dragon.

"We did go to the Gold Coast pod before you evolved this morning. They were quick to say no and swim off. We lost hope, then we felt the connection. We don't want to put the pressure on you, but you four are our last hope." Cleo's dragon drawls out, a plea in it's voice.

"But why do you need our help? Your dragons, we're mermaids." Rikki asks, looking into the pool. Cleo nods along, playing with her necklace. Bella is unconsciously playing with the pools water, moving her fingers through it. Like Cleo, I'm playing with the locket.

"Well, you can actually control the stages. Also, your slowly gaining more powers, and you will soon be able to perform more powerful spells. You're all connected now, just like your connected with us." Rikki's dragon states, clawing at the sand.

"What do you need help with?" Cleo asks, leaning forward with interest. The dragons straiten, as if they had a new found purpose.

"Like many known mammals, we lay eggs. Every ten years, the males give birth to them, while the women watch over the eggs. This year, it was different. The eggs were laid the day you saved the earth. We fled, scared for our lives, and attempted to bring our eggs with us, but an unknown threat managed to take them from us. They are to hatch in three months, on a full moon, which hasn't happened in centuries. These babes, they will make us or break us. We need our kids. Or we will all perish." My dragon explains, it's voice breaking. My heart reaches out to them, and I'm sure the girls feel it too.

"That's horrible." Bella whispers, looking at each of us. I nod at her, my hand dropping from my chain.

"I want to help them. Maybe we will end up kicking some water creature butt!" Rikki exclaims, flicking up some sand.

"Same." Cleo says, lifting up her hand. "All in favour of helping our spirit animals, which we don't know the names of, say I,"

"I." Bella lifts her hand, a smile on her face.

"Heck yah." Rikki fist pumps into the air. A small bolt of lightning hits the water, and she gives a cheeky smile.

"I'm in." I say, lifting my hand. "Now, what is your guys' names?"

"Froid." My dragon starts off.

"Chaud." Rikki's dragon says next.

"Pluie." Cleo's dragon chirps.

"Soliel." Bella's dragon says last. "Our pod isn't from this area. We're from French Quarter in America."

"Cool." I nod, smiling at the dragons. I look out of the volcano entrance, seeing the sky turning darker, and I know it's time to go. I look at the girls, and I know that they are thinking the same thing. "We would love to stay and chat, but we need to get home before our parents flip out. Even if we are considered adults, as long as we live with them, we have a curfew." I get up, dusting sand off my pants, before facing the water. The girls do the same thing, Rikki already having her feet in the shallow end.

"We will talk tomorrow. Goodnight girls, and may Eva be with you." Bella's dragon calls out to us as we all dive into the cool ocean water.

So how was this? Honestly, it took me forever to figure out what the major problem of the story was going to be once I brought in the dragons. Anyway, this story is going to be used for ideas and also as a writers-block eraser. You guys can help shape the story to, so if you want a Bella and Will chapter, I'll make one. A mini chapter of Cleo and Lewis emailing each other, I got you.

I'm also changing the On Hold to Slow Updates.

Chrissy